RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning i had a fault.
The webasto was runing for 25 minutes and when i was going to start the car i t has sut down the webasto, it was showing in the dash "low battery start car"
Started the car and was going to work, after 10 km the car was not driving normal and gearbox fault code on the dash was showing.
Downhill the D in the dash was dissapearing and it was like it was in neutral.
Sport mode did not work either,
Came to work, shutting down the car and it was sitting for 8 hours.
Om my way home it was normal for 40km then throwing up gearbox fault.
The car is a 2011 range rover sport 3.0 tdv6

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
687 Posts
Most likely a poor battery throwing faults - get the battery checked/replaced and if the issue continues look further.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
687 Posts
Because everything is electronic or electric and controlled by electrons. Low battery causes cascading faults through the systems - when looking for issues look for the easy things first - it cost nothing or little to get your charging system checked first or would you prefer to pay thousands in getting the gearbox removed and repaired only to find you have faulty charging system.

It may not be the charging system but with these cars it often is - read almost any posts and you will see - check the battery/charging system.

You do need to get your codes read though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, i think i found the fault, something on the gear selector. Of i wiggle it a bit the D in the instrument panel is dissapearing and it acts like it is in neutral without beeing it? Anyone know what could be the problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts