RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have just bought an L322 TD6 with a gearbox fault....shock horror!

I did a lot of research before buying the vehicle and am fully aware of the issues with the GM gearboxes.

I'm happy to get it rebuilt if need be as i did plan too but the reason I want to ask some of you first is what I don't understand is the box gets stuck in 4th when its cold with the old "Trans fault" code come up as soon as it hits 4th gear then wont come back out even if you switch to manual, the gear change lights change but no movement from the box.

Once its warmed up if you stop, take the key out, put it back in and carry on its as smooth as a baby's backside and will drive all day with no issues at all. Surely if there was a gearbox fault it would continue with the fault regardless?

Has anyone had this exact problem before and if so does it sound like it needs a full rebuild?

Thank You.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
43 Posts
Personally I'd have the diagnostics put on it. I'm having a few issues with mine at the moment and going through process of elimination.
Have the diagnostics check the mechanics and the electrics.
If you're near London Turner Diagnostics in Hemel have all the gear and a rolling road. I haven't got the GM box, I've got the ZF.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts