RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm from Esperance West Australia. I sort of inherited a Classic 1986 3.5l Range Rover. A cousin from the East, N.S.W, drove this particular vehicle over to Perth and stay for a little while. He then left by flight and the vehicle stayed on my sister's lawn for a couple of years. Eventually, she took ownership of it and re-registered it. I then bought it off her for a beach vehicle down here, but, it had a strong smell of petrol while running. The cause turned out to be the return fuel pipe into the tank, which was broken. I had the tank taken out by a young bloke working for me at the time but I was busy and the Rangie ended up sitting in my storage shed for about 4 years. Now I have fixed the tank and put it back in. I need the vehicle in the bush (I am a prospector in the goldfields) and I am trying to get the old girl running again. It is being troublesome and I have had a good introduction into working on Range Rover Classics. I joined the Forum with the hope that it may be helpful and that, perhaps, in due course, I may be of help to someone else.

Yours, Wayne.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,458 Posts
Welcome! As the saying goes, Land Rover-making mechanics of owners since 1948...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PC, That's a very pertinent comment. That's exactly how I feel. It has led to me buying the parts to fix another 3 vehicles because I am very confident I will be able to attend to the problems on those vehicles since I know their problems are way easier than what I am dealing with on the Rangie. In fact, I think the Rangie is making me more of an electrician, with all the EFI wiring. I've had to buy a multimetre, learn how to use it, re-familiarise myself with all the electric principle and symbols, which I have not looked at since high school (long time ago).

Wayne.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts