RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right place to post this thread... I know someone in the 3D scanning & printing business and have been investigating getting NLA parts like '95 RRC speaker grills, dash bezels, etc. made. Once the part is scanned, they can print it or they also have the ability to cast parts in urethane or make molds for traditional injection molding. Deciding which route is best really comes down to how many parts you want to make and how much you want to pay.

I know others have done this on a limited scale too and my question is this - Would folks be interested in a kickstarter/group buy type shared doc (e.g. Google docs) where you could suggest a part and others could indicate their interest? If so, I'd be happy to try and make that happen.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
149 Posts
Love the idea especially if expanded to include MY 92 ;)

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
there are lots of 3d printing service companies out there. I've even toured one of the bigger ones. I've installed a 3d speed/tach bezel I got off this forum and it was way better than the original. all that said "I'm in too" as always, the only way to get the good price is commit to the volume. I suggest we start a list as to what pieces folks want.

1995 LWB-------speaker covers, door handle pulls, AC/ Heater/Radio surround, storage cover weird-little-things-that-don't-have-a-name need, a pair,, under seat panels,

more to come.
geneo

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Who has a scanner large enough to scan the parts? I'd love to do a new center console. New dash vents, new defrost vents etc

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The folks I'm working with here in Atlanta, GA do. There are even portable scanners for use out in the field. Scanning and engineering time is not cheap though - I'm see $150 - $175 per hour.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
... I've installed a 3d speed/tach bezel I got off this forum and it was way better than the original...

1995 LWB-------speaker covers, door handle pulls, AC/ Heater/Radio surround, storage cover weird-little-things-that-don't-have-a-name need, a pair,, under seat panels,
That was the bezel Max, aka Belgian, did right? It's much stronger than the original.

You've hit the key pieces for the '95 RRC. Keep in mind, some of the parts may be available through Jaguar, but different part #s. The windscreen wiper covers are a good example of this. Rover part is NLA, but Jag part is available and is a perfect match for the LR part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
Put me in as interested / cost dependent. Mine isn't a show piece.... 1995 LWB with tan interior

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm in as well....I have a 1993 RRC...that's in need of a center console (hard dash), that would be awesome if that can happen. There's a lot of members that have a broken or about to be broken center console. Also the interior door handles, the plastic piece that covers the door knob, the sub woofer enclosure ( maybe you can enhance it), the plastic handles on the lower tailgate either message "hold here", the bezel that surrounds the inside part of the lower tailgate, the actual wheel wheel covers ( the ones that you have to drop down in order to access the accumulator. That's all I can think of for now

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have only just come across this post. I am in but as I live in Sydney postage could be a problem. Please keep me in the loop as I do need speaker grills, instrument bezel, door pulls etc. I have a 95 soft dash swb.
Cheers,
Phil

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have only just come across this post. I am in but as I live in Sydney postage could be a problem. Please keep me in the loop as I do need speaker grills, instrument bezel, door pulls etc. I have a 95 soft dash swb.
Cheers,
Phil
Hey gang, thanks for the input. I'll keep you posted on progress. Work is busy so it will likely be slow going, but I do plan to follow through an a few of the suggested parts over the next month or two.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone know how many different interior color choices were available for RRC's from say '90-'95? Dropped of my one good speaker cover at the 3D scanner today.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Does anyone know how many different interior color choices were available for RRC's from say '90-'95? Dropped of my one good speaker cover at the 3D scanner today.

1990:

Alaskan Blue Silver -
Highland Grey or Winchester Grey Leather optional

Beluga Black -
Sorrell Brown Connolly Hide Leather

Cairngorm Brown -

Chamonix White -
Brogue Brown or Sorrell Brown Leather optional

Colorado Silver -
Highland Grey or Winchester Grey Leather optional

Cypress Green -
Brogue Brown Cloth upholstery

Eastnor Green -

Portofino Red -

Savannah Beige -

Trocadero Red -

1991:

Alpine White -
Sorrell Brown Connolly Leather

Ardennes Green -

Arran Beige -
Brown Brogue Cloth

Aspen Silver -
Winchester Grey Connolly Leather

Beluga Black -

Clearwater Blue -

Eastnor Green -
Brown Brogue Cloth

Portofino Red -
Brown Brogue Cloth

Roman Bronze -

Trocadero Red -

Westminister Grey -

1992:

Alpine white -

Ardennes Green -

Aspen Silver -

Beluga Black -

Eastnor Green -

Pembroke Grey -

Plymouth Blue -

Portofino Red -

Roman Bronze -

Trocadero Red -

Westminister Grey -

1993:

solid -
Alpine White - Sorrel Tan &
LWB: Saddle Brown

Ardennes Green - Sorrel Tan &

Beluga Black -

Mosswood -

Plymouth Blue -

Portofino Red -
Sorrel Tan

Roman Bronze -

Westminister Grey -
Winchester Grey

1994:

Alpine White -
C & C LWB: Sorrell Brown

Beluga Black - C: Sorrell &
C LWB: Dark Sable

British Racing Green - C: Sorrell

Brooklands Green - C LWB: Light Stone w/Sorrell piping

Carmen Red Pearl - C: Sorrell

Cornish Cream - C LWB: Light Stone w/Sorrell piping

Montpellier - C LWB: Dark Sable

Mosswood - C LWB: Sorrell

Plymouth Blue - C LWB: Sorrell

1995:

Alpine White -
Sorrell Tan Connolly Leather

Avalon Blue -

Beluga Black -

British Racing Green -
Light Stone Connolly Leather

Brooklands Green -

Carmen Red Pearl -

Cornish Cream -

Plymouth Blue -

Roman Bronze - Sorrell Tan Connolly Leather

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Hopefully, you can invert that scan for the other side...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got some bad news today... to do the speaker covers right with formed metal screen seems cost prohibitive even at runs of 500 units (250 per side). I'm curious to see if others have done the grill in plastic too or been able to get metal screens from old ones and use them in a new plastic frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 52 Posts