RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 l322 and my gauge cluster has dead pixels, plus the RPM gauge was just hanging until i went it higher RPMS, so I bought a used gauge cluster off a car with almost 250k miles on, but my car only has about 93k, when I plug the cluster in will it just reset to my milage of 93k or stay at the 250k?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Instrument cluster needs to be programmed to communicate with other onboard computers and you cannot change the odometer. The dealer cannot change the odometer either.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
It will jump to 250K miles permanently. If you put a cluster in with higher miles than the vehicle has the odometer in the cluster will over write the Value kept in the ECU (or TCU) and you are screwed and there will be no way to reverse it. If you put a cluster in with less (or 0) miles the ECU will change it to the current vehicle mileage and you will be OK.

·
Registered
865 Posts
If you just install the new instrument pack, it will lock at the new pack’s mileage and not change. A “manipulation light” will illuminate to flag the error, and many stored data points will be flagged in both the car and the new pack.

You must start with the testbook prior to changing the pack...and then follow the directions and it will update all stored parameters, including mileage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
L322 mileage chip on clustee

I have wrote earlier about my gauge cluster being replaced with a higher mileage, is it possible for me to take apart both cluster and solder the chip of my mileage to the new gauge cluster, so my car wont be clocked?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,966 Posts
Is this a SOL moment where the BCM takes the mileage of the new cluster and even if you use your old cluster again, it will not bring back the old lower mileage one?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No before I plug in the cluster with the 250k miles, can I take apart both and just solder the chip from my cluster with my mileage and put it in the one with 250k to show my mileage, then if I plug it into the car it will show my mileage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you just install the new instrument pack, it will lock at the new pack’s mileage and not change. A “manipulation light” will illuminate to flag the error, and many stored data points will be flagged in both the car and the new pack.

You must start with the testbook prior to changing the pack...and then follow the directions and it will update all stored parameters, including mileage.
Where do I find the testbook?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts