RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few posts on here but no real resolution so I thought I'd post my issue and see if anyone can help. I've been getting gas smell coming through the air vents when driving. When outside the car the smell is more prominent on the driver's side by the front wheel.

Web searches suggested it was a leak at the fuel rail / fuel injectors. Yesterday, I removed the plastic shroud from the top of the engine and looked at the rails/injectors but I didn't see any obvious signs.

I looked again this morning and found the culprit. There's a leak where the black rubber fuel line and the blue plastic fuel line meet. See photos

Fuel leak 1.JPG Fuel leak 2.JPG

Anybody familiar with this repair?

Attachments

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,947 Posts
take the line apart and put some Dow Corning 111 on the O ring then put it back together.
the DC111 will keep the O rings soft Amazon sells it.

NOTE dont keep driving with this leaking as you could start a fire,
if the DC111 doesnt work then get a new fuel line and use it on the new line.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen a few posts on here but no real resolution so I thought I'd post my issue and see if anyone can help. I've been getting gas smell coming through the air vents when driving. When outside the car the smell is more prominent on the driver's side by the front wheel.

Web searches suggested it was a leak at the fuel rail / fuel injectors. Yesterday, I removed the plastic shroud from the top of the engine and looked at the rails/injectors but I didn't see any obvious signs.

I looked again this morning and found the culprit. There's a leak where the black rubber fuel line and the blue plastic fuel line meet. See photos

View attachment 269088 View attachment 269090

Anybody familiar with this repair?
Did you find a fix for this? My 2012 RR Sport just started having these exact issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts