RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometime on my 2013 rover the gas pedal doesnt feel smooth...so from a dead stop it jumps as if you mashed down on the pedal when I am just trying to start off slow....... wondering if a rover shop can reset the computer? does the throttle have its on reset? I think I read on some other cars if you just disconnect the battery for a 1/2 hour then reconnect it resets the computer..not sure if that's the same on these rovers....

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Disconnecting the battery does nothing. have you checked your pedal for something impeding smooth operation? Have you lubed the pivot point?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no tried lubing the pivot point... sometimes its fine other times it just launches... almost like sometimes its taking off in second..nice and smooth and other times in first as if I mashed the pedal, but I didnt...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
979 Posts
I had/have the same issues on my MY14.5/MY17. I noticed it happens more when the car was just started. I can reproduce turning from a road by my house. I attributed it more to the transmission than the peddle.

I also noticed it's better if I turn off Auto-Terrain Response, especially in the winter. Maybe just some triggers in my area that Auto-TR gets confused with.

I'm on Long Island too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts