RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the market to purchase a 06 Range Rover Sport S/C with 25,000km ( not miles) im located in Canada. I was wondering how much you guys are paying to fill up your trucks as well how many km/miles do you get per full tank?? I know it varies depending on how you drive but a rough estimate would be nice.

Thanks

·
Banned
890 Posts
blkrrs said:
I am currently in the market to purchase a 06 Range Rover Sport S/C with 25,000km ( not miles) im located in Canada. I was wondering how much you guys are paying to fill up your trucks as well how many km/miles do you get per full tank?? I know it varies depending on how you drive but a rough estimate would be nice.

Thanks
I'm getting anywhere between 21 and 25MPG on the highway, usually 32-40 to filll up at NH 1.74 USD / gallon

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I average about 16 mpg in a fairly even highway/city driving with my normally aspirated HSE. Prices for premium unleaded have crept back up to around $2/gal here in So.Cal. Still, a $40 fill-up sounds a lot better than $100+ just a short 6 month ago. We'll see how long that break lasts...

·
Registered
121 Posts
29,500 miles on a 2006 (09/05), I drive mostly city to work 1.5 miles each way....Average 14mpg. My girl only gets premium and that is is costing around $1.98 in Annapolis, Maryland.

Oh, did I mention my foot has a tendency to romp on the peddle and listen the that sweet engine purr....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replys guys. How many miles/KM do you guys get off the full tank of gas? the range i think its called

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
RoverfreakNH said:
blkrrs said:

Thanks
I'm getting anywhere between 21 and 25MPG on the highway, usually 32-40 to filll up at NH 1.74 USD / gallon
That is some impressive mpg...on highways, I get about 15-16 mpg and I'm not too much of an aggressive driver.

·
Banned
890 Posts
lakbum said:
RoverfreakNH said:
blkrrs said:

Thanks
That is some impressive mpg...on highways, I get about 15-16 mpg and I'm not too much of an aggressive driver.
I couldn't believe it myself. The last good trip i did to NYC 284 miles each way, i did 438 miles on a 7/8ths of a tank

·
Banned
890 Posts
lakbum said:
Has the mileage always been that good? I have only 3800 miles on mine so maybe mine's not fully broken in yet.
no, it didn't start doing good until after 5K miles, after the first oil change at 7500, it really started doing well. Also the " Free " service, uses organic oil and not synthetic oil. I did not know this until i asked before they put it on the lift, this past friday (12/26). I had them put Mobil One 5W-30 full synthetic oil in and just paid the difference between the free service and price of synthetic oil. I have also noticed that my rover is brand dependant when it comes to getting best MPG. Shell goes through it like water, where Mobil/exxon ( if i keep it 75-80 mph) i'll get 19-23 depending on the highway, traffic, hills, etc. I also have irving fuel up here in NH, but they put a boat load of addtivies in their fuel and even with 93 octane i get spark knocks if i put a full tank of their fuel in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts