RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have the excellent "What did you do today...?" thread, I thought I'd add a Garage thread to post your garage setups.

I just finished my garage on a budget:
- Drywall and paint $2K to have it done professionally
- 3/4" rubber gym flooring, $900 ($42 per 4x6 sheet off craigslist)
- $500 Electric space heater install
- $1100 Ikea PAX wardrobe frames and shelving
- $550 Ikea kitchen cabinets and counter top for workbench.

My wide wanted to "upgrade" to a bus-like Yukon Denali XL that doesn't fit lengthwise, so she is in the driveway and my toys get the garage :)

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ha, that's poor excuse of a garage - you only have 2 things in there? Certainly you have a barn elsewhere full of RRC parts...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice garage setup but you are a glutton for punishment owning a RRC and a 928:clap:

Since we have the excellent "What did you do today...?" thread, I thought I'd add a Garage thread to post your garage setups.

I just finished my garage on a budget:
- Drywall and paint $2K to have it done professionally
- 3/4" rubber gym flooring, $900 ($42 per 4x6 sheet off craigslist)
- $500 Electric space heater install
- $1100 Ikea PAX wardrobe frames and shelving
- $550 Ikea kitchen cabinets and counter top for workbench.

My wide wanted to "upgrade" to a bus-like Yukon Denali XL that doesn't fit lengthwise, so she is in the driveway and my toys get the garage :)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,707 Posts
Setting the way back machine here is my last big garage. 7 car bathroom and kitchenette/coffee bar. Tucked in the back row is a 95 LWB, 109 Series pick up and Lee Major's Citroen XM. Down the middle is the beast 46 Packard 9 passenger formal. Up front is the 51 Rolls Sport Limo and 53 Bentley Mark IV visiting.

Needless to say my car tastes wander a bit.

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,707 Posts
Here is one of the garages in Palm Springs. Out front is the hand built 1966 Fleetwood 60 special made for the 1965 LA auto show. THe only option it didn;t have was the heated seats. That was reserved for her twin that traveled the east coast car shows. Inside is my trusty first P38, 79 Wraith and a few lesser cars. I am going to have to dig for pics of hte shop up here.

Attachments

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hey I'll bite
My garage is a nice 30 x 60
Has a bath room
is detached from house
Heated by wood
Bathroom has a small space heater
And plenty of stuff
my 91 is on the storage side
The 92 parked
I like to keep the hood open
Here are a few pics
It is a little junky
It happens

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, nice setups. I'd trades your guys' space for anything! The two car setup keeps my addiction in check. If I had the space, I'd have more.

@slohybrid - The RRC/928 combo is actually one had by a few members here, including sydneyman. Can you think of a more perfect combination of vehicles (when working)? A classic GT and the (second) most accomplished off-roader ever.

@RRToadHall - Wow, those cars are amazing. Definitely eclectic tastse that run from old American iron to our LRs.

@Mikieman - The pics are deceiving as it looked like teh same truck, so that is a huge space to have. Easy to get stuff piled up if you have the space.

·
Registered
757 Posts
True the trucks look the same
The 91 and 92 are identical only the 92 has a rack
I took a few pics of the 92 so there is multiple

·
Registered
343 Posts
Scotauto a real nice garage you have there but watch out with that two post ramp when lifting a classic.
It's pretty much on it's max capacity then and there are vids on YouTube...

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Hey I'll bite
My garage is a nice 30 x 60
Has a bath room
is detached from house
Heated by wood