RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been trying to work on my L322 (flash the nav on move function) and the system kept saysing the 'required files could not be found'.

Just gone onto the Gap Diagnostics site to look into why and the site keeps returning a 'Database Error'.

Can anybody else confirm that the site is down?

This is interesting since if it is down, I can't do the flash process or return the tool back to it's original mode for standard diagnostics until it's back up since if I access the tool through the updater it says 'tool not registered properly'

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,756 Posts
Why not contact them instead of asking us? We would have no knowledge of their IT operations. They have their own forum section below as well as PM ability.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I wasn't asking a question on how to fix it, merely bringing the fact to the attention of the forum members, although the question about others having the same problem was to confirm it wasn't a DNS issue within the Uk only.

FYI they have been emailed and the site is now back up.

It is also of interest to users I'm sure to know that should the site be 'down' the iiD Tool has limited functionality.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It is also of interest to users I'm sure to know that should the site be 'down' the iiD Tool has limited functionality.
Since the App and tools are designed to work as stand alone units, they are not affected by our website in normal usage.

When our site is down, activating, updating the IIDTool and other associated tasks required right after the tool is updated (BT and Pro units only) cannot be performed. These are the only features affected.

We try to limit downtime as much as possible but unfortunately these things happen due to elements out of our control. This year, it happened on 2 occasions and we fixed it within a few hours.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Pat, thanks for clarifying what happens if the site is down. To be honest you got it back up very quickly so I was still able to complete what I needed to do that day.

Good to hear that your site has a high availability record.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts