RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from my Service Advisor last week and there are two open recalls on MY2015s:

- 02 SENSORS
- TOUCH SCREEN RESET

I had these both done once, but apparantly there is another round. You might check with your respective dealerships to see if your vehicle is on the list. The 02 sensor could cause warning lights on the dash. This was a problem with mine early on---the 02 sensor was causing a fault at 322 miles. Guess there is another update.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Slow down there spunky. THere is a huge difference between a recall and a service bulletin. THe two terms are not interchangeable. Service bulletins are called for by LRNA for convenience items like the touch screen, rattles, sensors tossing erroneous codes, poorly designed switch panel... you get the idea. Actual recalls are very rare and are called for by the NTSB. THese are safety items like faulty air bag activators, seat belts, door latches etc. On occasion LRNA step in and issue a voluntary recall. If they do, such as the case of the failing brake lines it is because the NTSB has already been involved in the investigation of failures and LRNA wants to save face and handle it internally to the dealer network.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Depends on which bulletin you are referring to. You can log into TOPix on the LRNA site and see what recalls and bulletins have been released for your vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but when I enter a search for "2015 Range Rover HSE", I get a lot of useless crap. Enough reading for a week. So how does one look up if there are any bulletins/recalls on my vehicle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
WHo said anything about a search? GO to the land rover site, log into the owners section, go to topix and enter your vin. Yes it requires registration with their site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, call me stupid but what are you referring to when you say "...GO to the land rover site, log into the owners section...". What are you talking about??? I must not be looking at the same "site" you are referring to because there is nothing called "Owners". Can you post the link, please? Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slow down there spunky. THere is a huge difference between a recall and a service bulletin. THe two terms are not interchangeable. Service bulletins are called for by LRNA for convenience items like the touch screen, rattles, sensors tossing erroneous codes, poorly designed switch panel... you get the idea. Actual recalls are very rare and are called for by the NTSB. THese are safety items like faulty air bag activators, seat belts, door latches etc. On occasion LRNA step in and issue a voluntary recall. If they do, such as the case of the failing brake lines it is because the NTSB has already been involved in the investigation of failures and LRNA wants to save face and handle it internally to the dealer network.
My bad, but the dealership called and followed-up by email and referred to them as Open Recalls. Just trying to help man.

Message Below:

I am emailing you because your 2015 Range rover has 2 open recalls.

- 02 SENSORS
- TOUCH SCREEN RESET

These recalls are software updates that are covered under warranty. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment please feel free to email me back or contact me on my direct line 703.827.XXXX

Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts