RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here's the story. My 08 RRS has a nice propietary towing hitch that cost me $406 (used on ebay) but the new one costs about $600 at the dealer. After absorbing that cost, I realized there is nothing underneath the access panel for hook up of trailer lights. My local dealer here in Virginia Beach Va says that the RRS came with towing hithc capability but no wiring and that it will cost me $560. So after spending $406 I was very hesitant to cough up another $560 just to be able to tow using my 4pin North American adapter on my 5x8 trailer. So I search around. Uhaul was helpless as they dont have the parts for RRS. I got lucky and went to a local trailer repair shop and they installed wiring with a standard 4pin adapter for $114. that was the break I needed!!!! So if you need trailer wiring, I suggest shopping around and going to a local trailer repair shop. You can try Uhaul in your area, but they were unable to help me here. FYI Thanks

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Fyi for anyone contemplating this. I'm glad this works for you, but not using the LR wiring adaptor and splicing into the RRS brake light wiring harness (least of all by someone at Uhaul) is potentially a nightmare. After all, this a vehicle that needs a specific brake light bulb, otherwise the electronics go completely HAL 9000. I can't recall the thread right now, but someone had this done on the site and they had issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts