RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am back on the forum looking for further help !

Could some-one perhaps tell me where I can find the fuse that controls the front interior lights, in the roof, just by the rear view mirror -

Interior light fitting.jpg

One of the pins on the plug has broken off and it caused a quick short in the plug and now none of the interior lights are working, so I suppose that the short has tripped a fuse. I looked at the fuses under the drivers seat, numbers 1 and 15, both of which seem to have some connection to the interior lights but both fuses are OK.

Fuse 1, 10 amp, is for the instrument console, but it isn't that fuse.

Fuse 15, 20 amp, is for the interior lights, but that fuse is OK, as well.

Maybe there is another fuse somewhere that I didn't think is for the main interior lights.

Pierre3.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As I can't find the edit icon, and I can't delete the thread, I will answer my own thread. The centre interior light is now working again, why, I don't know. I had locked the car and after about an hour I had to get something from in the car so I disarmed the alarm, opened the door, and hey, presto, the door light is working again.

Perhaps there is just a self-resetable thermal switch somewhere.

Pierre3.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I think that you may be right. If a short happens the PLC cuts the circuit until it sees the short removed, and then restores the circuit. It would make sense to some degree.

Pierre3.

·
Super Moderator
2,071 Posts
It does. If the BeCM detects a short on a circuit, it cuts power to that circuit until the short is cleared. I connected a 55W beacon to one of the rear sidelight circuits when I had a big trailer on the back. The dash beeped at me and showed rear sidelight bulb blown and that circuit went out. As soon as I disconnected the beacon it was all back to normal. I suspect it saw the short as a blown bulb so cut power to protect itself. Unlike the interior lights the main beam, dip and sidelight circuits don't have fuses, they rely on the BeCM to control them.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
417 Posts
If you hold the button(dome light) for 5 seconds it turns the interior lights on/off. Usefull if doing alot of work on the car. I have since put all leds so I can leave it on all the time now.
Good Luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information. It's this sort of information that stops the cold sweats when all the lights suddenly go out and yet the fuse that may be the right one is still intact 8-0=.

Pierre3.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts