RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, it's a great site and I have been scouring it for the past few weeks. I recently purchased an '02 4.4L Petrol HSE Range Rover L322. There's lots of little things wrong with it but the real problem is it won't start after I pulled the 50 amp Main fan fuse and as I put it back it sparked. So I must have shorted something.

When I say it won't start, there are no lights on the dash and when you turn the key nothing happens. You can hear the steering wheel disengaged and the immobiliser works.

I called the RAC and they came out. He ran a positive wire with his volt test and when he touched the top metal part of a blade fuse in the passenger side fuse box all the dash lights lit up and we could start it.

Questions:
Any clues? Any previous threads on this that I'm not seeing? Any relays I can replace? Should I replace the entire fuse box? Do I have to take the whole dash apart for this?

Any Help is greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the whole left side of the fuse box is dead. the first 8 fuses and the 8 underneath do not have any power going to them. I got power to the dash and I can start the car by jumping a fuse from one of the live fuses on the right to one of the dead ones on the left. As soon as I do that there is 12v running through all the fuses and the car functions normal.

Any ideas. Do you think I need to replace the fuse box?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
59 Posts
hi mate, is this the fuse box in the clove compartment or the one in the boot? i`m having major issues with my RR at the moment too. nightmare ! could your problem be that one of the tracks is fried in the fuse box ? maybe you could try removing it and checking for burnt tracks or scorch marks ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts