RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a constant loud beep that only goes away if I pull fuse 13. Anyone know what could cause this? This BEEP is much louder then the faint transfer case beep when inbetween gears.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Have you looked at the wiring schematic to see what fuse 13 covers?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shift Interlock, Intermittent wipers, rear wiper. Just not sure why the Beep.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
FUSE 13: EAS Delay Relay, Interlock relay 2, multifunction, transfer box warning relay, service reminder unit, DRL control unit, Transmission range selector illumination relay.

Looks like you need an updated schmatic and to do a bit of tracing to see where the actual beep is coming from.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FUSE 13: EAS Delay Relay, Interlock relay 2, multifunction, transfer box warning relay, service reminder unit, DRL control unit, Transmission range selector illumination relay.

Looks like you need an updated schmatic and to do a bit of tracing to see where the actual beep is coming from.
Probably so, but when I remove 13, the Intermittent Wipers no longer work, as well as the Rear Wipers.

Hard to tell where the beep is coming from, DR Side under dash. I know it is not the Xsfer Case beep. I've never heard anything like this before. I'll just keep looking.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LEt me also state this, I cannot shift the truck into Low Range. I always thought the shift into Low Range was a pure mechanical move, no electronics involved, but wondering if the shift interlock could be the reason for the beep and also not able to shift into Low Range....

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
I have no idea what the trasfer box warning relay does but with this new bit of info I would be inclined to look in that direction. Perhaps this is as simple as a stuck relay or a chafed wire grounding the warning relay.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
70 Posts
I think it buzzes when the t-case is in neutral

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to bring info in "spurts". I really dod not think about the xfer case, as I have heard the xfer warning beep many times when going between LR and HR and pausing in N. That beep is completely different then the beep I am hearing now. However, it does make me wonder, not knowing what the shift interlock relay does, and the fact that I cannot shift into LR, if this is somehow related. When I was driving the truck on a regular basis, I'd always "exercise" LR from time to time, but then the truck sat for a year, then my daughter began driving it, then the beep started one day, and I really did not try LR again until the other day, and realized it would not work. My first thought was that it has just been so long that the linkage was just "frozen", but then wondering if this is all somehow related.

So, does the shift interlock relay control the Xfer HR/LR or is there another relay that controls this?

I'll look thru the RAVE this weekend when I have time, just way to many projects right now that are above this. Not wanting anyone to research for me, just thought someone else may have experienced this issue and found solution....

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Turned out to be bad Relay behind Glove Box that controls Xfer Case selector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts