1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I get a message saying 'Blown fuse 10'.
When I checked, it's OK, not blown. Also I don't have power seats.( My rangie is 2.5 BMW engined DSE )

From RAVE & search, I found that,

F10 (30amp) goes to the seats

it feeds:-"RH seat Battery 1, RH seat battery 2, RH seat lumbar, Rear cushion battery 1,
Fore/aft adjustment battery 1, Front cushion battery 2, backrest battery 2,
headrest battery 2"

Any ideas appreciated.

thnks & regds

kapila

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Have you actually replaced the fuse or just looked at it?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
I did not replace it, just checked whether it's blown.

regds

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
One of my customers had the same situation. He found some bad contacts on the becm internals.

·
Registered
553 Posts
If you search FUSE 10 you will see I have had the same problem with mine for the last year and a half of ownership, I have had it repaired the top layer of the BECM was corroded and I had it repaired by an electrical expert

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JeremyD said:
If you search FUSE 10 you will see I have had the same problem with mine for the last year and a half of ownership, I have had it repaired the top layer of the BECM was corroded and I had it repaired by an electrical expert
Hi,
I saw yr article on fuse 10.
But my prob is little different. as I don't have heated/electric seats. Hence, no point in having a fuse 10 (RAVE says it handles only the seats), virtually.

Can i ignore the msg? well it's easiar than poking into BECM .

regds

kapila

·
Registered
553 Posts
Here is a list I would work through before having the BECM removed and repaired

Replace the fuse - it may be blow even if it looks ok also its a quick test
Disconect any wires that connect between the seat and the car then see if the message is still there - you say you dont have electric seats so I dont know if there will be any connections
Used some compressed air and clean the fuse contact points also clean it with some contact cleaner

If all else fails get someone with a spare BECM and swap of the top deck to see if the message will disapear, it probably will in that case you know what the problem is

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JeremyD said:
Here is a list I would work through before having the BECM removed and repaired

Replace the fuse - it may be blow even if it looks ok also its a quick test
Disconect any wires that connect between the seat and the car then see if the message is still there - you say you dont have electric seats so I dont know if there will be any connections
Used some compressed air and clean the fuse contact points also clean it with some contact cleaner

If all else fails get someone with a spare BECM and swap of the top deck to see if the message will disapear, it probably will in that case you know what the problem is
Hi,
Thanks.
I'll do as u say except 'get someone with spare BECM'.
P38 is a rare bird here in SRILANKA let alone a spare BECM.

BTW, is it OK if I ignore the msg? It only appears when I switch off the engine.
Regds

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
kapilamuni said:
BTW, is it OK if I ignore the msg? It only appears when I switch off the engine.
Regds
Absolutely. This is one of those messages that are just annoying and do not predict doom.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Just like my daily "low washer fluid" message.......Not worth the effort in pulling the tank to replace the sensor to me.

Martin

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's VERY nice of u all.
I hate getting into electronic thingy such as BECM

I'll just IGNORE it.

:dance: :dance:
BEST REGDS

kapila