RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a P38 and I slid the radio out to check which adaptor I needed. However when I slid it back in and started the car I had no instruments, radio, etc. I checked the fuses and fuse 1 had blown. I replaced it and everything seemed fine. The problem is twice now I have gone over a speed bump and it has blown the same fuse. Any ideas what I have done and where the short could be?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
140 Posts
Sounds like you have a dodgy wire, when you pulled the unit you may have bared or exposed a wire, have done it myself.

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
Fuse 1 supplies permanent power on a purple wire. If anyone has been in there before to fit a bluetooth kit or an aftermarket stereo, chances are there was a taped joint and the tape has fallen off. You shouldn't need an adapter, the plugs in the back of the stereo are standard DIN type.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
I've pinched that dang harness on a few rigs over the years. It all depends on routing as to how much play you have. On one side of the ground at center nad you catch the wire pulling it out. On the other side of the center ground there is too much slack and it's easy to pinch. THen again this could be a LHD occurrence but is still worth an inspection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your replies. I'll have a look this weekend. Hopefully it's nothing more than a stripped wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts