RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday night, I was driving home from the airport and noticed a temporary irregularity in the running of the engine when I was accelerating from a stop. The engine then ran a bit rough. I made a stop. When I got back in the car, the check engine light was on and the car was running rough. I stopped by the auto parts store and picked up some spark plugs since I hadn't changed them in 35K miles, I though it wouldn't hurt. I installed them by the problem persists.

The car starts with a little longer of a crank. It runs fine except when I am accelerating from a stop. There seems to be a hesitation in the acceleration at this point. I had the codes read and am getting fault codes regarding the following:

1. Manufacturer Control Transmission
2. Camshaft Position Sensor
3. Emission Control Purge Valve Short
4. Emission Control Vent Circuit Short
5. MAF Circuit Low Input
6-11. Various O2 Sensor and Heater messages regarding all 4 sensors

Now, I did some research using RAVE and the internet. This lead me to checking the fuse box in the engine compartment. Eureka (kind of), the single fuse that serves all of these sensors and controls was blown. I then replaced the fuse. I ran the engine on idle for a while and the fuse remained in tact. However, once I ran the engine in drive, it blew again. I tested once more only to arrive at the same result.

I went and checked my battery and the positive terminal is corroded, like normal. I cleaned all terminals and put everything back in place. I checked the voltage of the battery thinking that perhaps the battery was getting weak. I replaced it over two years ago. I am getting 12.5 V idle and 13.8 V when the engine is running so everything seems fine with the battery.

I have not yet taken it for a test drive since the last treatment. I don't think its going to do anything. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am leaning towards thinking that this is a grounding issue, currently. However, I am going to be researching the wiring diagrams to see if I can find some commonality.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the battery leads. Cleaning the corrosion off the positive terminal and then wire brushing the components seemed to have done the trick. The check engine light came off after about 6 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts