Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just bought a 92 classic and wanted to test it out, wen't out to some extremely ******* offroad area thats nearby and played a bit. Everyone kept looking in amazement as our trucks just cruised through stuff that jeeps and chevys couldnt. Also saw a wrangler get stuck in about 5 ft of water, after the dude finally got it started a good 2 gallons shot out of his exhaust pipe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Np9G8emtIk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVG950ObN2w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuGA4k5zspc

Attachments

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
all I can say is WOW !

Scotty

·
Registered
217 Posts
SO COOL! Did everybodies feet stay dry? Awesome vids, I love these trucks, They RULE!. :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
701 Posts
I love how gracefully the rovers did it. Its like they didn't even break a sweat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
big-t said:
SO COOL! Did everybodies feet stay dry? Awesome vids, I love these trucks, They RULE!. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I stayed dry, my buddy in the classic got quite a bit of water in the cabin as he found out the hard way his door seals are shot. A lot of people out there were quite impressed with our trucks, I guess they figured land rovers were only made to cruise shopping mall parking lots. I think my traction control only came on twice the whole time. It was quite fun, wer'e probably going to go camping out there in a couple weeks, hopefully with more Rovers. Anyone in Florida is welcome to meet us!

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Why would a cat go bad from water crossing? Did you shut off the engine while under water?

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
I'd be interested in coming along...but I won't be going in any water deeper than the axles. I take a mean video though. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Weird. I've never heard or experienced that...and here in FL all we do is go through window deep water...as evidenced by his vids.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bigseth2468 said:
That was awesome! I would be terrified of water meeting my BeCM. :shock:
That's exactly the reason I didnt go the same way as the classic, the camera angle was bad but I could see water over his hood at spots. My next step is to waterproof the BeCM. JSmooth made me aware of this http://lucky8llc.com/Products.asp?ProductID=2149 I just have to figure out how much it costs.

suezee g, I couldnt see your videos, I get a youtube page that says "The URL contained a malformed video ID."

Kmagnuss, that area was the deepest out there, after crossing it we were the only trucks on the other side. Most of the other water holes are much shallower and there are bypasses. We are going out there Feb 5th-7th, and will hopefully have some of the guys from the Florida Land Rover Club as well. It would be awesome if we could get another P38 out there.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
That's the one weekend that there's no chance of me coming. :doh: My sister, her husband and daughter, as well as my father are all coming that weekend.

:crybaby2:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No worries, I'm sure we will be going out there again sometime soon after that. I'll let you now next time. :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Fun times (with pics and video) new pics

We went back out to the same spot, this time camping all weekend. It was wet as it had rained all week, and I managed to unknowingly go through a couple holes that the water level was almost halfway up my windshield. I lost a bunch of pics and video when my digi cam fell out of my pocket into the river while we were winching out a Ford F350. Didnt break anything major, my exhaust burned through another airline and the right rear brake line so I was running on 3 brakes last night. One of the water crossings was so deep my entire front end got submerged for about 3 seconds, it was scary but managed to walk out with only 1 wheel traction control. Needless to say after this weekend its gonna be time for a snorkel. Heres some of the pics we got, enjoy!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts