RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys today i finished modifying 1995 classic range rover air suspension tank to fit on my 1989 classic to have air any time i need to.
step 1 . i removed the original air compressor from 95 model and found a new home under my 89s hood. few nice brackets made :) and it looks like factory item .

step 2 was modifying the original air tank and adding the pressure release safety valve+ air outlet so i can use air tool or any thing i want. ( on this air tank there is only one in and outlet , air goes in and comes out from the same pipe)

step 3 was making brackets to bolt the air tank under the same spot were it is on 1995 model

step 4 was running air lines from the compressor to the air tank and in between adding T so i can have one air line going inside the cabin with an air gage

step 5 was running wire to my air compressor with a switch.

step 6 was turning it on and BINGOOO i have 185 psi air on duty any time i need to. no more of that little shiti compressor to pump my tires during the of the off road trip .

now it takes less than 3 min to pump my tires.

i took some pictures i will post it tomorrow.

Eric

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just had the same idea last weekend, as my 1995 RRC runs on coil springs, the pressuretank and the aircompressor were unused under my car,
I took the whole Valveblock and aircompressor unit out, but unfortunately the aircompressor is totaly gone, rusty and corroded all inside.

Wanted to use it for a airhorn (Trainhorn :wink: ) and tools, tyres etc.

Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sounds awesome. I removed all my EAS stuff that was under the Rover up to no good since I am on coils and sold it about a year and a half ago. Maybe I should have held onto it.

I didn't know that little compressor could build up that much pressure - 185 psi is a lot!!

Colin

·
Registered
94 Posts
I removed but saved all of that crap when I converted my '94 to coils. But I'm surprised the compressor pumps enough volume. I was expecting to have to wait a long time between each tire.
Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I still have my air suspension and plan to run an air line from the tank to the spare tire compartment.
I will have a quick connect fitting so I can attach an air hose to fill the tires or what ever I feel the need to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts