2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
System too lean,
--Short Term Fuel Trim 1 is 0.0
--Long Term Fuel Trim 1 is 15.62
--Short Term Fuel Trim 2 is -.78
--Long TermFuel Trim 2 is 18.75

Im pretty sure those numbers aren't right and I'm using way too much fuel. I had it smoke tested and the shop told me I had a vacuum leak in my EVAP leak detection pump. The smoke was coming out from around the driver side fender near the firewall. Can anyone confirm thats where the pump is, if not do you know something that would leak in that area causing my system to run lean?

PS: already replaced the MAF sensor and cleaned throttle body.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about that, I made the necessary changes and if theres anything I missed let me know!

Very respectfully,
Austin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another thought; I get PO174, PO172, and PO171 which are too lean and too rich errors. Could this possibly point to bad O2 sensors?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not yet, I haven't yet found where the leak is coming from besides the general location. I did however get a bottle of BG44k to put through the system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just an update. I took it in and they updated a bulletin and upgraded the PCM/TCM, they said if the check engine light came on then to replace the spark plugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.