RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the process of dropping the fuel tank yesterday to replace the fuel pump. Everything was going smoothly until I realized that the rubber fuel filler neck was secured with two hose clamps that were RIVETED!!..?

No big deal I thought,I’ll just buy a new hose..So I promptly cut thru the fuel hose with a razor blade. But the tank still didn’t want to come down. So I re-cut thru the hose with a hacksaw.. It turns out that there is a smaller ribbed hard plastic hose within the rubber fuel filler hose.

Anyone know how important this inner hose is? I was running short on time yesterday and couldn’t inspect my damage I’ve caused.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
I have looked in the workshop manual and all I can find is that it might be related to some NAS specific 'EVAP' system. As they normally don't have any of this it might only be relevant if you face tour countries' MOT or technical inspection

·
Registered
768 Posts
I’m thinking it’s maybe overflow related, I’d be going down the wreckers yard, you don’t want to be messing around with possible fuel leaks, the pump change could end up you losing your car to a fire, or even worse your life !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the replies. As far as I can tell it’s some sort of breather hose. The hard plastic hose itself wasn’t on it’s fitting very tight. And the part of the hose I cut off wasn’t very much. So I still have some original hose to work with.

I’m gonna look for some submersible fuel hose to try to make an extender but if not, I think the original hose can still reach where it’s supposed to be connected to.

Wish me luck and I’ll report back on how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts