RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having difficult cold start up in my RR, takes about 2 min switch on engine and then start otherwise it wont start, just keep on cranking normally.

Battery is new, Spark plugs and lead are new, changed CKPS two days backs still problem persist. Now doubting fuel system and went down to search fuel filter and to my surprise mechanic cant find one under my car and spares guy cant find one in system as my car has no fuel filter that i can change easily. 8-|= ooohhh!

However car has no fuel pump dying sign while driving or on flooring the pedal like hesitation, burp burp (never). So its difficult to doubt fuel system but when apart from that i have covered everything (i hope), that's the last one to doubt.

Last night also used two bottle of AC delco injector cleaner in half tank and drove 150 km @ 140kmph. Still no luck.

This difficult start up is getting worst and worst day by day, as earlier it only use to happen in morning but now every time i start car after 1 - 2 hrs it make me wait for minute or two in ON position /:(

Any leads or doubts are highly appreciated. Cheers.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Check valve in the fuel system.
This stops the fuel from draining back into the tank from the fuel rail.
Fuel filter should be on the frame rail, passenger side (LHD) near the rear wheel arch.
I am thinking that the check valve is integral to the pump, on top of it IIRC.
You may try to disconnect the fuel supply line and blow through it to see if the check valve/one way valve is functioning correctly. I am sure there is a more technical way of testing, but I have done this in the past to find a good or bad check valve before.

Martin

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
leftlanetruckin said:
Check valve in the fuel system.
This stops the fuel from draining back into the tank from the fuel rail.
Fuel filter should be on the frame rail, passenger side (LHD) near the rear wheel arch.
I am thinking that the check valve is integral to the pump, on top of it IIRC.
You may try to disconnect the fuel supply line and blow through it to see if the check valve/one way valve is functioning correctly. I am sure there is a more technical way of testing, but I have done this in the past to find a good or bad check valve before.

Martin

THANKS A TON MARTIN, for such valuable lead. I will look into this valve today.

Just to double check that this "check valve" should be somewhere near fuel pump at the back or near engine area??

I searched rave for this name and got no result, do u have any idea on technical name so that i can get detailed help from RAVE.

Is it known as Knock Sensor or Fuel pressure regulator?????

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
From what I can find, it is integral in the fuel pump.
1 test to see if that is the problem is to do the following.
Leave it sit for a while or overnight.
Before starting the rig, turn the key to the run position for @5-10 seconds but do NOT start it.
You should hear the fuel pump running (humming).
Turn ignition off and immediately try to start the rig. If it starts right away, the check valve is bad IMO.

Martin

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do hear fuel pump prime all this long and anyways i have to put car in start position for 1 min - 5 min waiting before it starts, otherwise 500 crank also doesn't start.

·
Registered
640 Posts
gkhanna said:
Now doubting fuel system and went down to search fuel filter and to my surprise mechanic cant find one under my car and spares guy cant find one in system as my car has no fuel filter that i can change easily. ooohhh!
If yours is a Thor/Bosch Engine I don't think the had External filters fitted, they stopped fitting them when they changed from the Gems System. On my Gems it's located very close to Eas Resevoir.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts