RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have just noticed a big puddle of diesel under the RR it seems to be coming from the very top seal of the injection pump, three torx and one funny shaped bolt...I have read a couple of threads on this but I'm still not sure if I can just unbolt it and reseal it without having to worry about locking the pump in place, has anyone else had this problem? And is it simple to fix? And also, I need to bleed the brakes, is it as complicated as it sounds lol and is there anything in particular I need to be careful with, I have just replaced the accumulator and pump, but the brakes are still spongy...many thanks if anyone can help

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Brake bleeding proceedure is in RAVE. Follow it to the letter for best results.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
You can replace the seals (there's 2 of them) on the injection pump, but they are not that easy to find, with Bosch being quite protective about selling just parts.
The funny shaped bolt can be undone by tapping a (soft, i.e. low quality) 6mm socket onto it.
After you have replaced the seals, you will have to adjust the pump to get it running OK. You'll find the bolt holes on one part of the head are oval. Start out with the head in the frontmost position, all bolts in but not tightened. Try to start the engine and move the head of the pump to the rear until it starts. Be prepared to cut the ingition immediately if you see the revs increasing after startup, if the head it set too far to the rear the engine could rev up beyond control. It takes some try and error, but it's doable.

Greetz,

Filip

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, do you know where to buy the seals...I have looked on eBay but all I get is complete injection pumps...can I use gasket seal??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bled the brakes as per instructions, was straightforward and relatively quick, stops on a sixpence now :) still need to know if I can get the injection pump seals from anywhere if anyone can help....

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hi,
Escape, have you changed inj pump seals?
need advise on the pump head seal as i'm just trying to change it. prob is the wire harness under the pump which i can't move out of the head.

regds

/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts