RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new after market pump into the cartridge assembly but the pump wont come on, I hooked up the old one and it wont come on either. So I'm thinking maybe the ires at the top of the cartridge got put on backwards or something but I cannot find a picture of those connections, can somebody help me identify were they should be? Again this is where the fuel pump black and red wires connect under the top of the cartridge.

Thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
It would be difficult to reverse the connections - as you can see from this pic of my pump (in a long range tank).

·
Registered
898 Posts
Check to be sure you have power to the connection. Maybe your fuel pump relay went and not your pump. Also check all your fuses. Start with electrical basics before you think the new pump is bad.

You can also connect your old pump directly to battery and see if it works (just be sure it is dry and doesn't spark... kaboom!)

good luck. keep us posted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When you have your fuel pump in... you can acutally hear it working if you turn the key and listen for it under the car..

·
Registered
453 Posts
trainhound said:
I put a new after market pump into the cartridge assembly but the pump wont come on, I hooked up the old one and it wont come on either. So I'm thinking maybe the ires at the top of the cartridge got put on backwards or something but I cannot find a picture of those connections, can somebody help me identify were they should be? Again this is where the fuel pump black and red wires connect under the top of the cartridge.

Thanks
The connections under the top of the cartridge are for the sender, the only other 2 connections are to the pump motor. (i would doubt connecting these the wrong way would cause the pump not to run - but being inside the fuel tank i would want to check they are correctly wired)

As P38AROVER shows the connection at the top of the pump can only be connected one way (though you may not have fully pushed the connection together)
Do you get a fuel reading?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts