RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove it one day and it died. Returned to dealer they thought it was a wiring harness failure,thought they fixed it ,lasted 1 day,Towed back in awaiting pump from England, no parts in US. Anybody else have fuel pump problems on Sport Supercharged unit. :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
RRS S/C woes

See my post on my fuel pump experience! DOA after 300 miles. Has been replaced and the next 1600 miles have been great! :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Jim Adams said:
Drove it one day and it died. Returned to dealer they thought it was a wiring harness failure,thought they fixed it ,lasted 1 day,Towed back in awaiting pump from England, no parts in US. Anybody else have fuel pump problems on Sport Supercharged unit. :(
Yes it is a known issue and yes they are back ordered to eternity. Our reginal service guy got one air lifted in for us a month or two ago to get our vesivuus supercharged sport up and running again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
umbertob said:
British_Rover, from the above I gather that the normally aspirated 4.4 liter engine uses a different fuel pump than the S/C?
i believe so, too. i haven't had any problems with my fuel pump, yet (knock on wood) ...

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
802 Posts
I believe this just happened to me. Engine light came on, and the thing acted like it was starved for fuel. It will not start now. My truck is now about a block from my house, downhill, and stuck.

Not that happy at the moment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is some good news

Mine failed at 300 miles, the dealer stole one from a recently arrived RRS-SC in Jan of 2006. I am now at 14,500 miles and zero additional problems and I hope this post does not jinx me and the RRS-SC.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
802 Posts
I'm at 15,000 miles right now.

Does anyone know if a replacement pump would be free of the defect that befell the original? This should be a TSB.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
802 Posts
An update: dealership has not found a replacement fuel pump - it is backordered. In addition, this isn't a high volume dealership, and it is likely that they will not have a S/C from which to scavenge a fuel pump.

I asked if they can fit an aftermarket fuel pump instead. We'll see tomorrow. I told them in no uncertain terms that how they handle this issue with me will determine whether I buy a RR ever, ever again. I also told them that there is no way in hell I'm driving an inferior loaner for the time this takes to resolve. I also told them to shovel my driveway.

Well...I didn't tell them that last part.... :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have no idea if this has been fixed in the newer models. Mine was built in Nov of 05 and I took delivery in Jan of 06. The fuel pump is actually part of the fuel tank and in my case they removed the tank from the other SC RRS and put it on mine. Been trouble free since. The pump itself cannot be separated from the tank according to my dealer and its manufactured by Bosch. Mine clearly was an infant failure, as I understand most have been. If you have many mile and no failure, your not likely to have one.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
802 Posts
Well: I was at 14700 miles when mine went down, and mine is an early build as well: November also I believe.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
802 Posts
Well: an update for those who care (yeah - I know - you don't care, *sniff* :lol:)

My RRS S/C is still sitting at the dealership. Fuel pump still not arrived, even though they claimed to have sent it about 10 days ago (probably by carrier pigeon, tank and all). Legendary RR service and reliability on display here.

I'm taking bets at this point on what exactly they're going to do to make it up to me. My bet is nothing whatsoever. Takers?

·
Registered
239 Posts
how many days has it been IMMensaMind? not sure about the lemon law in WI but you might want to take a look at it. i remember reading somewhere on one of the rrs forums that one owner had a dealership remove a functioning pump from a functioning sc-sport just to solve the situation...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
IM, that's terrible. I can't believe your dealer would not be willing to pull a fuel pump off a S/C in their lot to let you go, and would rather make you wait, what, 3 weeks now? What about providing you with a tracking # for that mystery package?

Other luxury car dealers wouldn't treat their customers like this, one big reason why Land Rover still has got the reputation it has. Have they at least provided you with a decent loaner car?

·
Registered
32 Posts
That be me. Mine failed after 320 miles, had to be towed to Denver on a Friday afternoon in January of 2006, called dealer and told them I had to have it back in Dillon by Friday evening, as I was leaving for Tucson. (Or you can keep the car and give me my money back) To the dealers credit an new RRS-SC had been delivered that day and they switched out the entire fuel tank assembly and had the car back to my house at 9 pm that same day. Drove to Tucson the next day and haven't had a burp since.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts