RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just told by the dealership that this piece is connected to the wiring harness and the connector cannot be replaced without replacing the entire wiring harness.

my understanding is the cable comes from the wiring harness and connect to the fuel pump see pictures as you can see it’s fried any ideas on what I can do? Has anyone dealt with this before because I’m at a lost... One of my mechanics is looking in junkyard to see if they can find a old 2011 Range Rover HSE to cut off the connector but no luck

Help please!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
387 Posts
Is the 2008 HSE connector the same as your 2011? If so, I can get you a connector from my local junkyard. There is an 08 sitting there.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the 2008 HSE connector the same as your 2011? If so, I can get you a connector from my local junkyard. There is an 08 sitting there.
Thanks for helping out I actually not sure If connectors the same. The dealer acts like there’s specially made for each unit

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,167 Posts
One of these may be the same connector, first one looks the same, second one has the proper pin sizes. Never had either one in my hands so I can't say for sure. The two inner pins are of course a larger gauge than the 4 outer ones on a RR, but you can just get the proper size female connectors from most any automotive electrical parts place, but the body looks the same. Your connector is the same as the one used on an 06 as I am intimately familiar with mine having pulled my FP 3 times.

6 Pin Connector

Reactions: Rovah

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks for helping out I actually not sure If connectors the same. The dealer acts like there’s specially made for each unit
I will make a trip there later this afternoon to see if it is the same as the one in your pic. If it is I will remove it and let you know.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,167 Posts
Get a new fuel filter while your under the access cover, because those 2 burned pass thru pins will eventually take your fuel pump out.

·
Registered
387 Posts
You are in luck buddy. Here is the wiring off the 08 along with the top. DM and we can arrange shipping for you! If you already found a solution, I will keep and sell online.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts