RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am doing some trouble shooting try to figure out why my bank 2 is running lean. So when I was replacing the spark plugs I look all over the fuel rail and can not find a Schrader valve ANYWHERE other than the AC system to check my fuel pressure . and do not see if on the code scanners I have for reading PINs
please help
This is on a 2006 RR sport with JAG 4.4L

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure on your jag motor but on the SC 5.0 I have 2 additional fuel pumps one for each bank on the front of the motor. They need to be serviced from below the truck.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Engines are quite different. I don't remember a schrader valve on the 4.4L engine I had. Might check for leaks at the cam covers, and depending on mileage, the seal of the oil dipstick. What long term fuel trims are you getting.

You might also need a new fuel filter; but this shouldn't show a delta between the right hand bank (one) and the left hand (two).

Somewhere on this forum there is a really good tutorial on conducting analysis using fuel trims. Google it. Might have been on the Jag forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did coil packs this weekend which seem liked it help a lot but that's in Arizona ( home ) and Flat highways , the issue comes up more with California gas (still 91 oct ) and the hills (on a grade in high gear ) . When testing the Range Rover after doing coil packs I started it and took off the oil cap (to put on the top engine cover )and I notice with the oil cap off it lost so much Vacuum that the engine tried to stall , so I didn't realize the crank case had that much vacuum . Is that normal or is my vacuum control valve stuck open. I didn't think to check the dip stick O Ring ... I am back out of town and left the RR home.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for the help I am going to look for vacuum leaks , but I do not have any issues at idle or stalling I only had that when I removed the oil filler cap while it was running and though that was odd. meaning should the crank case have a STRONG vacuum ? I am chasing a lean issue that is causing a miss under a load in a high gear...
thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
So if you are only getting lean condition on bank 2 and confirmed with short term fuel trims then look for issues affecting that bank only. Things like intake gasket leak on that bank... most common issue was cracks in the exhaust pipe upstream near the cat converter.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Most common are leaking cam cover (gently, retorque) and the dipstick seal . . .Still no codes? What are the fuel trims?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I did not see anywhere why you suspect a lean condition. Is this a code set? What happens if you clear the code? Does it return? If this is a code set, it IS the result of fuel trim issues. A lean condition can be set by a dying O2 sensor. Can you monitor the can bus to watch fuel values? Ray

1 - 11 of 11 Posts