RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say I am not a fan of the new format at all..I wish they would put it back the way it was.

I am replacing gas pipes on my 97 with 180K miles. There are Britpart and OEM. The OEM are hard to find and very expensive, but they have a coating of rust preventative (paint) that I like. I came across a Britpart Pipe(s) "WJP106150" & "WJP106160" that go from tank to filter and tank to return line union. Also, dropping that tank was no fun, I was able to empty it as my fuel pump still worked somewhat. When I started to remove the connections for the fuel pump the fuel lines (very rusty) cracked and a "small" job turned into a bigger job. Now the question to the forum, since my Britpart pipes are unpainted, I think I might use this shrink tube (link below) to cover it. It is dual wall adhesive so it will provide a waterproof seal and maybe my pipes might last as long as I own the vehicle...anybody do this type of thing or am I just setting myself up for another type of failure. The fitting is 3/4" so the shrink down of 3:1 will adequately seal the pipe.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XF4WYJ6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A8FBWALW1QSDH&psc=1

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Not a bad idea but you'll still have exposed bits at the ends. Might be easier to paint them.

Seems nobody is a fan of the new format, there's very few of us that have been around any length of time now. It's mostly new members asking questions that have already been answered many times except we can no longer search for the older posts (or the self help pages) to link to.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Are you talking about steel fuel lines running from tank to engine? If I were to replace them, I would use nickel-copper alloy lines instead of steel, they won't ever rust. Tools are available for fabricating just about any imaginable line fitting. I got "ATD 5484", you can buy it on a well known auction site for $170. The upside of buying a tool is that you can re-do your brake lines for short money by just buying the line and fittings for short money and flaring them yourself. If your fuel line is rusted, chances are your brake lines are in equally poor shape. At the very least, it would be prudent to inspect them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
jteuvonnen
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing