Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the fuel pickup in the tank is in the center of the tank or off to a side. Also, any recommendations for fuel assembly rebuild (pump, mesh, contact clean) vs a new pump assembly?

94 LWB

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,180 Posts
The pump is in the centre of the tank at the top. There should be an access plate in the load space on a 94 giving you access to the pump.

I wouldn't have thought it would be practical or cost effective to try and refurbish a failed pump - I don't think they are that expensive and it is kinda critical.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
You can purchase just the actual pump rather than purchase the whole unit. It is a common pump, but I can't remember what the part number is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ibought a replacement pump at AutoZone for $70 or so, the only modification I had to do was trim the inlet pipe on the pump and change the factory clip on the rrc wire harness. It was extremely easy to be honest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is anyone aware of finding the (PRE) filter on the input to the pump. The Guaze filter......mine has a bit of grit and sediment in it. The tank appears pretty clean and the pump sounds and seems to be functioning fine.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
My fuel pump ceased working again today. This is an important note to anyone that has a fuel pump not working.

Do not replace the pump until you test it out of the car. Over the years I have had 5 fuel pump failures and only once it has been the actual pump. Every other time it has been a bad connection on the electrical plug at the pump. So save yourself some dollars and check the pump first by wiring it up directly on the bench.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so things were moderately simpleton drop my tank! I found that the fuel level was just low enough to starve the pump just enough not to be able to maintain quality pressure. Pulled the pump and it runs just fine.....now on to my leak. Fuel leak when tank is absolute full. Also fuel smell almost constantly present. Fuel runs down the left/drivers side of the tank, when present. After I dropped the tank I found the host of hoses that interconnect (I'm guessing for closed system venting).

Can the individual hoses be removed? How?
Green Organism Art
Can the individual connection points to the tank be disconnected from the tank?
Can these Parts be replaced? Sourced from where?
Auto part

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts