RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been searching here and through my repair manuals but have not found the details i need.

Does anyone know please what the actual resistance (ohms) is of the sender when the float lever is at at the total up point and when it's at the total down position. I plan to install a new guage that will restore better accuracy on how much gas is onboard. I would be great if i can use the OEM device in the tank (with the fuel pump). TIA

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ooops i thought this was the Classic section sorry. The model is a 1990 (not a P38 as there suspension is coil only with no airbag/rideheight/compressor. The gas tank is plastic, plastic screw-in ring for pump and sender etc.... Already the previous owner has been slicing & dicing the wiring connections (the pink coloured crimp bullet connectors) so it says they must have been having problems with fuel level readings in the past.

IMG_1992-1.JPG

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, can anyone update me here please. The problem has comeback with bad fuel guage read on my 1990 classic. Can anyone be good enough to advise the resistance range the fuel gage sender is supposed to give out at say when the gas tank is really empty and then really full please? One person has told me between 180 to 12 ohms is usual but I always find it to be impossible to get the amount of fuel being carried in either of these states. Any info appreciated... Pete.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts