RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a P38 from 2000 that has gas pooling up on top of the tank and dripping down. I dropped the tank and replaced the O ring that sits in between the tank and the pump but it still leaks. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this with one of the Bosch pumps with the one compression fitted fuel line. The Pump still works and the Rover still drives fine, but obviously I want to get this fixed. IMG_4626.JPG

·
Registered
771 Posts
The problem will be the fuel line connections, not the pump to tank, replace the Orings and make sure it clicks into place, should be quite hard to get to click shut, if it isn’t you’ve possibly lost an oring

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help, when I pulled the male part out of the pump it did not have an oring on it and it did not look like their was one inside. I asked the only Dealership we have and the less then helpful parts guy said we would have to buy a new pump unit. I can not find a picture anywhere of what it should look like or where to get the Oring or what size it is. Thank you again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to Just reply to my own thread because I figured out the problem and would not want someone else to have to go through the pain of looking for the source of a leak. Basicly, I found a crack on the top of the Fuel pump that was shooting gas out while it was ruining, you can see the cracks on either side of the feeder pipe, i also curcield them in MS paint just in case anyone is having trouble seeing them.
Fuel pump crack.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good follow up! Did you go with an OEM fuel pump?
MalafaxDad on here went through 3 aftermarket ones only to find they got stuck and did not
have the float arm move smoothly. He ended up with the $500 OEM one on the 4 th try.
Just an FYI

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
That is a really bizarre failure. You would think it would have cracked all the way up through the cross hatch instead of just the outlet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts