RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to everyone for all the great posts.

This is my first (set of two) posts to offer a solution to a couple things I wasn't able to find.

I replaced a fuel injector connector in my 1992 Classic (3.9L) with a generic Napa part.

Between the computer and your fuel injectors, there are 8 sets of two wires...two wires running to each injector. Between the two wires and the fuel injector is what the shop manual calls a "multiplug" but generally called a connector.

About 1" above my connector, the rubber sheathing had cracked...and the plastic coating of the wires had also broken and the wires were exposed and starting to fray.

The Land Rover part number is PRC9635 and it's NLA. Also, the NLA part is for the whole harness - the wires from the computer to all 8 fuel injectors.

I looked all over the place for a new or used item, but I couldn't find one. I found a suitable (new) generic replacement at Napa for $15.99. The part number is CRB 218457. The part is a single FI connector and two leads. I cut off the old connector and soldered the new connector to the wires, shrink wrapped it and it seems to work great. The connectors on the drivers side are more difficult to get to, so that can be a bit of a pain.

I've been cautioned to make sure that the new lead wires (connected to the new connector) are not a thinner gauge than the wires in the harness. They are not. However, they may be very slightly thicker...barely. I haven't heard that this is a problem and it seems to run well now, but anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hopefully this helps someone!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts