RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An interesting thing happened today. Since I've picked up the vehicle after the fuel pump repair, its been sitting undriven in my garage so I decide today to take it ona quick spin to my office and fill it up with gas. On my way to the gas station, the gauge was reading 1/4 tank and when I go to the station I filled it up. When I left the gas station I noticed, the gauge didn't rise past where it was when i stopped to get gas so i thought it was just being slow to recognize the filled tank. After I finished my brief session in the office, I jumped in the car to head home and again noticed the gauge was still only rising to the point it was before I shut down the car and after a few minutes of driving, the yellow warning light came on to indicate that i needed to refuel. I have searched the forum but the issues with the fuel gauge doesn't seem like the same as mine because mine seems to somewhat work but just wouldn't recognize that I have a full tank in the car now.

I just went to the garage now to test it again and it did the same thing, rose to the last point it was when I parked it (with the little yellow light.)

Any ideas gentlemen?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike. :thumb:

Gaz what should I do with you? `)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
drdread said:
I had something kinda similar

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37332

Hope it helps.
Drdread, thanks for the link. Mine actually filled up and 19 gallons was how much it took before the pump shut off.

At the recommendation of that smart alec better known as Gaz, I called the Dealership and they said to drop it off tomorrow. `)

·
Registered
506 Posts
maverixz said:
drdread said:

Hope it helps.
Drdread, thanks for the link. Mine actually filled up and 19 gallons was how much it took before the pump shut off.

At the recommendation of that smart alec better known as Gaz, I called the Dealership and they said to drop it off tomorrow. `)

Goodluck bud. Hopefully it gets sorted out.

Mike

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
maverixz said:
drdread said:

Hope it helps.

Maverick old chap, I was only trying to be helpful re dealership recommendation. If the gauge stopped working after they fitted the new pump then it seemed to me sensible to get them to sort out the mess especially as you paid for the work to be done to a satisfactory standard.

Not sure why pointing out that you posted same question in two threads upset you so much :?:

I tried to make my post light hearted but alas I will try to be a little less clever going forward. /:(

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gazellio said:
maverixz said:
drdread said:

Hope it helps.

Maverick old chap, I was only trying to be helpful re dealership recommendation. If the gauge stopped working after they fitted the new pump then it seemed to me sensible to get them to sort out the mess especially as you paid for the work to be done to a satisfactory standard.

Not sure why pointing out that you posted same question in two threads upset you so much :?:

I tried to make my post light hearted but alas I will try to be a little less clever going forward. /:(
Gaz my good chap,

Sometimes communication via cyberspace can be misunderstood as I wasn't in anyway upset at you. I actually was enjoying the banter with you and btw, you were right, the dimwits at the dealership claimed to have forgotten to recalibrate the gauge after the fuel pump replacement so I'd be picking it up tomorrow. `)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Mavo,

All's well that ends well and I am genuinely pleased that you were taking the "Michael" out of me rather than taking my jesting the "Wrong way" :thumb:

Good luck with that old crate of yours - you know its time to get rid of the Pheaton and upgrade the Rangie to a 2007+...... :lol:

Your old mate Gaz :dance:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gazellio said:
Mavo,

All's well that ends well and I am genuinely pleased that you were taking the "Michael" out of me rather than taking my jesting the "Wrong way" :thumb:

Good luck with that old crate of yours - you know its time to get rid of the Pheaton and upgrade the Rangie to a 2007+...... :lol:

Your old mate Gaz :dance:

Gaz old mate,

I am somewhat of a cheapskate and besides:

1. I paid cash for the old crate less than 12 months ago and "he" came with a free "lifetime" (as long as I own it) power train warranty that recently covered the replacement of the fuel pump. :D
2. It is my super cool looking play vehicle that most folks on the street can't tell its year of make and besides they think I paid $70K + for it. :dance:
3. My much loved W12 Phaeton was sold last week Friday to an older chap in Minnesota who is in love with it so I'm in the market for its replacement (Narrowed down in order of preference to A8L W12, S8, LS600H or XJR) :think:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gazellio said:
Nice choices but steer clear of any thing Japanese please:

???????????????????????????
???
There really isn't much in options left to move up or parallel to after the W12 Phaeton and I'm no fan of the current Benz S class or BMW 7 series cars. The Japanese cars i.e the potential replacement LS600H or my Acura RL (Honda accord on steroids) are my feeble attempts at reducing my carbon footprint (being green seems to be the fad these days) :lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The clowns at the dealership found out that it wasn't a case of re-calibrating anything as it was a case of technician accidentally disconnected a connector at the "Fuel Sender".

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gazellio said:
Dumb are stealership as I thought. I am sun-ing down in Cadiz/Spain so no posts for a while :=)
Cadiz/Spain? I'm jealous! Btw are you back or still vacationing? :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts