RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I wonder if anyone noticed that the owner handbook for the RR sport HSE 2010 clearly indicates that the
fuel filler flap can be locked/unlocked with the remote-smart key .. ? !

The fact of this matter is that it strangely does not lock at all and there is no mention or memo regarding this issue
either from land rover or from the dealer to it's customers .

The same applies to the LR4 of the same model year . However, the range rover vogue fuel flap is lockable !

So what is going on here ? :-?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
On the Sport, the locking fuel filler door has always been a market specific feature. Here in North America it never locked (at least up to MY2009, not sure what they did with it after the MY2010 refresh.) Over in Europe, the flap always locked with the doors. I guess it depends on how expensive fuel is in that market?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply . I must add that even the 2012 RR sport fuel lid is not lockable !

In this part of the world vehicles are supplied with 2 owner handbooks (local language + English)
And in both cases landrover says that the fuel lid IS lockable ! But it is not.

It would seem that no one at LR is to be bothered with a simple handbook revision before going to press ..!

They say the British drive on the wrong side of the road...Well now I know they think the wrong way as well.
:???:

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
GASP! OH MY GOD SAY IT'S NOT SO! Whoops somthing important came up. The Bugs Bunny hour juss started. In the mean time I am sure you could find an attourney and to take your case for mental distress and false advertising..

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Flip to page 2 of your Owner's Handbook. Even in Kuwait, I am pretty sure you will find a disclaimer about certain vehicle specifications being model and territory specific, and therefore some of the information published in the handbook not applying to your particular vehicle, blah blah. Every car manufacturer has similar disclaimers within their owner manuals.

Is fuel theft really a huge problem in Kuwait?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No sir fuel theft is not much of a problem in Kuwait . As a litre of gas is cheaper than a litre of bottled water ;) and with the anti siphon feature stealing fuel is nearly impossible .

Then again on page 15 it is as clear as day light that the fuel flap is lockable whether in single point entry or otherwise .

It is only a matter of product consistency : how come a range rover vogue (classic) is lockable .
and the $ 80000 (local price) RR sport is not ! You would think that for such a price this simple feature should be included .

Then again who am I to argue with the maker of the world's most prestigious 4x4 .

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Found this item at my local LR dealer. Now could this be the item to solve this mystery :

Actuator Kit - Fuel Flap Electric Release - FSG500030

For Discovery 3
Discovery 4
Range Rover Sport

Kit contains: FSG500030 - Actuator: LR019152 - Clip: IPN500030 -
:?:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will check that out tomorrow on my 2010 LR4 first . If all goes well then it will be possible to fit
On the 2010 RR sport since both vehicles share the same fuel flap and other associated parts .

The actuator kit costs around $ 48 excluding the fitting clips .

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,990 Posts
can you show pics of the install. so,yeah my MY2011 RRS doesn't have the lockable feature as well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems all U.S. LR4 and RR sport were not fitted with a lockable fuel flap .
It is the same case over here half way around the world. But that will hopefully change by
Tomorrow morning no thanks to land rover .

I will take some pics before and after the install .

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is done. I now have the first LR4 (in my country) with a lockable fuel flap .

Parts required : FSG 500030 + fitting clips IPN 500030

DSC_0128.jpg interior trim is removed to locate harness & fit the actuator
DSC_0130.jpg the actuator on the plastic sheet just before the installation
DSC_0129.jpg Note the connector for the fuel flap lock actuator
DSC_0134.jpg the lock engages with the flap through the round hole as seen on the right of pic.
DSC_0133.jpg The locking mechanism is engaged (black pin)

Next install will be on the 2010 RR sport HSE using the same parts .

total cost is about $ 178 for parts and fitting . Hope it will cost you even less in the U.S.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
35 Posts
Any luck on the install with your HSE? I bought the part and I am not seeing the connector in my RRS. Took a shot at it, but it's not looking good.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately I did not get the time or the parts to fit on my RRSPORT . However, the LR4 shares most of its components with the sport even the vehicle frame is identical with the body work being
Obviously the main difference . Even my LR4 is described as an HSE and the fitting was straight forward and I am told by the workshop that the installation will take less time on the RRSPORT because it has less panels that need to be removed than the LR4 with its 7 seat arrangement .
In my case both vehicles are 2010 models . What is your model year ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
2012 - also confirmed with a dealer that it "should" work. But the electrical was not verified. With the Logic 7 system, most of the components are located within that panel leaving very little room for anything else to fit there. I checked and did not see the connector thats in your picture. Next I may try with my local installer to see if we can get the door lock signal to that location. I can see the small hole that goes to the fuel filler area.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We will be designing a custom sub/amp install in the next few weeks (fiberglass). At that time we will tackle the flap mod. I will let you know with pictures how and if we get it done. Stay tuned!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts