RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace my fuel filter, but can't figure out how to get to it. RAVE says to access it through the rear wheel arch, but I can't figure out or find instructions on how to do that. Am I missing something obvious?

·
Registered
701 Posts
its in front of the rear wheel arch on the right side (I think its on the right, correct me if I'm wrong). Its not hidden and should be easily spotted. You'll find it just keep looking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take the RR wheel off. No big whoop.
While you're there, I'd recommend checking the fuel pressure. I used brass plumbing stuff (a tee to fit the gage, with a swivel fitting on each end to fit the fuel line). The whole thing is the same length as a filter, so I can check the fuel pressure when it's running. I think RR fuel pumps have low pressure anyway, and they're prone to slow failure that can look like a clogged filter. My pump died like this, without tripping the on-board diagnostics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have done plumbing my fuel tank and for me, the hardest part is removing the air cleaner housing. The best thing is, once this is done, the plumbing will work better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts