RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only owned this vehicle a couple of months so I can't say how economical it is yet, however the dash tells me my avg. is 6.1L/100km. We all know this is wishful thinking! I have reset and it goes back to the same figure eventually.
Why would the figure be so far off?

·
Registered
713 Posts
If you US guys used proper gallons, the MPG figure would be even better. l/100km is now the world standard for measuring fuel consumption.

6.1l/100km is even better (but not by much) than I even get in my 2.7 diesel on a gentle cruise.

Sorry - cant help with the problem though - all I can suggest is a hard reset to reset the computers working out the l/100km numbers.

Garry

·
Administrator
27,795 Posts
No need for a hard reset. Just reset the trip computers. Fuel economy by trip computer is always an estimate only. It is an average of economy since the last reset. Just like avg speed always seems low because it takes into account all speeds while the engine is running, including zero while at a stop light.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have reset the trip computer and it arrives back at the same figure. Right now I would estimate 25L/100km based on consumption.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts