Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
Just wondering 馃 if anybody can give any ideas im pretty stuck at the moment
So from the start my L322 RR HSE broke down in January 900km from home I got it back home in March just because I had to get a lift back home to get another vehicle and head straight back as I was working
cranking no start
Things I have changed since then
1 new fuel pump
2 new fuel filter
3 crank position sensor
4 new battery
5 new ecu
6 New fuel relay
All this and still no start cranks but still no fuel and no spark please somebody try and give me some ideas on what could be going on here thanks in advance

Registered
2012 RR Lux
Hey all
Just wondering 馃 if anybody can give any ideas im pretty stuck at the moment
So from the start my L322 RR HSE broke down in January 900km from home I got it back home in March just because I had to get a lift back home to get another vehicle and head straight back as I was working
cranking no start
Things I have changed since then
1 new fuel pump
2 new fuel filter
3 crank position sensor
4 new battery
5 new ecu
6 New fuel relay
All this and still no start cranks but still no fuel and no spark please somebody try and give me some ideas on what could be going on here thanks in advance
I'm no expert, but if it was me I would start with easy things, check all fuses (3 boxes, at least on my 2012), swap old fuel for new fuel, what codes has it thrown?

Registered
A really old school thing to do is pull off the air intake to the intake manifold. A short quirt of some starting fluid in there and try to start. If it at least fires without starting, it shows that you have spark and no fuel. No reaction at all suggest no spark. Might help focus your efforts between fuel or spark since you appear to be chasing both.

Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
BTW you can't just put a new ECU into these vehicles, they have to be programmed to match your VIN otherwise it remains immobilized, and you can only program and ECU once, so you have to get a brand new one. Did someone program the ECU for you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts