RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is about my 2017 RR SC with 21K miles. For about last 2000 miles sometimes I feel the car vibrating just as if one of my wheels was not balanced. They were perfectly balanced recently. Typically, I leave my house for a 10 miles trip and everything is perfect, a very smooth ride. On the way back I feel the car vibrating at speeds above 50 mph. I would stop, turn off the engine let the car lower itself, then start again but no improvement. I took many long trips (1,000 miles) with no problem. One of the last trips driving in town, I got warning 'Adaptive Dynamics Fault', AEB Fault', and Suspension Fault, do not drive over 30 mph' all at the same time. When I drove to the dealer service everything was fine. They looked at the vehicle but could not find anything. Last time when I took it in again, they could not find anything and recommended to install a recall for the Adaptive Dynamics. The intermittent vibrations did not go away. The biggest problem is that when ever I take the car in it works fine and they can not find any problem.

·
Registered
463 Posts
See if you can find a high end tire shop that can balance the wheels while on the vehicle...while it may not be the tires / wheels it could be something else in the suspension that they may be able to identify...

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
I wonder if it could be the vibration in drivetrain in higher gears due to some ind of correction needed to the front diff, but have to subscribe to Topix to see it,

Cheers

John

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had exactly this same problem with mine, vibration at speeds above 100kph as if one of the wheels was not balanced - specifically feeling like it was the front-right wheel. It bugged me for weeks until I finally discovered the cause... My wife had borrowed it, taken a tight corner going way too fast, hit a high stone curb at a sharp angle and sent my RR flying. She'd said to herself "it's a range rover, that can't have done any damage" and decided the best course of action was to simply never tell me that my pride and joy had been airborne...

·
Banned
107 Posts
I've had this on a car where the tyres was faulty. Not a visible fault either. I diagnosed it by swapping the wheel from front to back. Replaced the tyre and all was well again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I hear you. However I am not convinced that this is a balance. wheel. or tire issue. I think it must be electronics, a sensor or similar problem; consider this: The last trip was about 30 miles one way. On the way there the vehicle was vibrating solid in speeds over 50 mph (had to go slow). On the way back a smooth ride even in higher speeds. The trip before was about 15 miles one way. On the way there a smooth ride, on way back juddering like crazy. As the dealer/service can not find anything (I understand, it may not show anything when there) I am considering paying for installing new 'Adaptive Dynamics' sensors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are right. it feels like a 'lane departure' judder. My 'lane departure warning' is turned off though. I am betting on the 'Adaptive dynamics' mainly because I had a faulty sensor replaced when the car was new, it felt very similar. Also, during the frustrating period I got 'adaptive dynamics fault', 'AEB fault' and 'suspension fault' displayed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, nothing found on the vehicle but the vibration/juddering problem is gone. Only smooth ride for last couple of weeks. The only explanation I have is that there was ice on the wheels on the inside of the rims. Not the most convincing explanation but all I could come up with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts