Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since late spring I’ve had a yellow amber suspension fault on my 14. The dealer diag it as a bad valve block and ace pump.

Since then they have tried putting in two valve blocks and both were defective from factory.

During this time my truck leaks ACE fluid frequently. The part is on a worldwide back order. ETA from LR is late fall the earliest.

I now get a red suspension fault. The ride quality has gotten worse and worse. I drive a lot everyday and this truck is my daily. I’m past the point of being annoyed.

I have a good relationship with my dealer and I even checked a few other dealers who told me the same story……it’s a 50/50 chance the new part works and it’s on back order. The few that have it in stock refuse to sell it to my dealer. LR has offered zero help and could care less.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Since late spring I’ve had a yellow amber suspension fault on my 14. The dealer diag it as a bad valve block and ace pump.

Since then they have tried putting in two valve blocks and both were defective from factory.

During this time my truck leaks ACE fluid frequently. The part is on a worldwide back order. ETA from LR is late fall the earliest.

I now get a red suspension fault. The ride quality has gotten worse and worse. I drive a lot everyday and this truck is my daily. I’m past the point of being annoyed.

I have a good relationship with my dealer and I even checked a few other dealers who told me the same story……it’s a 50/50 chance the new part works and it’s on back order. The few that have it in stock refuse to sell it to my dealer. LR has offered zero help and could care less.
Hey sorry to hear that, sounds like a sucky situation.

It's strange the two other valve blocks were also faulty, were these reconditioned or new from LR? Also, if other dealers have new ones why not just go direct to them and get it?

Failing that I'd try calling your local wreckers yard and see what they have.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can’t seem to link a video.

The other valve blocks in the used market currently and ones dismantlers have on eBay are the old PN with only one opening. There is apparently a issue on many L405 from 13-17 because of this malfunctioning valve block. The new updated Valve block has two openings. There is a TSB out for those as well.

The other dealers refuse to sell the valve block because they reserve it for their customers. They won’t sell to my dealer. Since I have already paid for the work, being refunded and going to a new dealership is going to be a big hassle. The dealer nearest to me that have it don’t have openings until mid September anyway.

I had just installed new front air shocks a week before the valve block/pump crapped out. I really hope the malfunctioning valve block doesn’t prematurely wear out my brand new shocks.

·
Registered
872 Posts
If it’s your daily. Buy used. Bite the bullet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You happen to know the TSB number on this valve block? Would like to read about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts