RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The expected delivery date for my RR Sport '17 Dynamic was supposed to be June 7, with the dealership saying that they actually think it would come earlier (by Memorial Day) given recent experience. Well it's now June 26th and any update I have gotten from them has been at my pressing, with very little proactive engagement by the dealership. About a week ago, I was told that the car was 'off the ship' at Port Hueneme (So. Cal) and that the prep and tow hitch installation was happening and that there wasn't an 'on truck' date being communicated. I inquired as to whether there was potential damage that was being rectified from shipping but was assured that there were several cars that were in this limbo, waiting to go through the process, and waiting for a truck to the SF Bay Area. Basically, they have no idea when the car is scheduled get on a truck or be delivered to the dealership.

I have never previously ordered a $100K car where the whole delivery experience was so mysterious. Have you all had similar experiences? Makes me think my dealer perhaps messed up the order and is giving me the run around (though unlikely).

thanks.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Makes me think my dealer perhaps messed up the order and is giving me the run around (though unlikely).

thanks.
Highly unlikely. LR shipments can all be tracked online once they arrive at departure. VIN numbers are used as tracking numbers through Wallenius logistics so you know which ship it is on, expected port arrival and actual delivery. Once in port ALL Rover go through a "Port Installation". It can be as simple as tossing the owners manual and floor mats in to your trailer hitch to the long labour instensive deployable running boards. Port installation for accessories can be 5-10 days with most vehicles heading to distribution lots, or direct to local dealers, in only a few days. Local dealers get their rigs in just a couple days with PDI taking another 2 or 3 days once the dealer gets it. If a rig is trucked or trained with a batch to a local distribution lot it may add an extra couple days. So delivery at port to dealer then PDI can easily take a week Southern California cars on your boat. Add in time for port installation for your hitch and towing module harness etc and transit time to San Fran it may be more along the lines of 10-14 days with PDI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts