Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've designed a clamp (4X) which will allow a Frontrunner Rack (KRG0013T) to mount onto the L322 factory fitted roof rails using Frontrunner Bracket FASS001 (4X). I have all of the parts on hand and will post pictures of the installation after the weekend. Drawing of the bracket below:

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 12.53.36.jpg

Reactions: bigmakk

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The project was mostly completed yesterday. Went with only one hiccup; the front mounts were very close to the side rails - spacers are available to help with this but I was lucky enough to just be able to fit the brackets, I could have had a wider platform but I didn't want a platform which stuck out of the sides too far. It is super solid. I have two more slats to fit, but it's been raining today. See pictures.

IMG_8052.jpg

IMG_8053.jpg

IMG_8057.jpg

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With Yakima Fat Cats mounted:

IMG_8062.jpg

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Continuing on with my roof rack story - I have installed an awning (Front Runner) and rooftop tent (Yakima) for my upcoming Thanksgiving camping trip in the Inyos:

IMG_8165.jpg

IMG_8173.jpg

IMG_8178.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Very cool. I like the way the front runnner platform looks, don’t mind it being a LITTLE wider either. Is yours even on the width-both sides have the same amount of the platform hanging off, or is one side a tad wider?

·
Registered
07 RR Supercharged
10 Posts
I've designed a clamp (4X) which will allow a Frontrunner Rack (KRG0013T) to mount onto the L322 factory fitted roof rails using Frontrunner Bracket FASS001 (4X). I have all of the parts on hand and will post pictures of the installation after the weekend. Drawing of the bracket below:

View attachment 267220
Hey @sowr, I'm putting a front runner rack on my 07 L322. Interested if your bracket would work with the larger Front runner rack 1345mm x 1762mm?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey @sowr, I'm putting a front runner rack on my 07 L322. Interested if your bracket would work with the larger Front runner rack 1345mm x 1762mm?
Absolutely yes - sorry about the delayed response. You'd just need 6x instead of 4x.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very cool. I like the way the front runnner platform looks, don’t mind it being a LITTLE wider either. Is yours even on the width-both sides have the same amount of the platform hanging off, or is one side a tad wider?
Equally mounted about the centerline.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
also, how does the bracket keep from sliding along the rails?
It's about 1500mm x 1300mm - although I recommend one a bit wider to avoid interference on the front mounting feet, they were really close there, OR you could use the spacers Frontrunner make for the feet. Once the the feet are bolted and torqued to the custom clamp the whole rack is locked and can't move. Make sure your rails really are the factory rails and not Chinese aftermarket. The OEM rails are made in Germany from 7000 series Aluminium.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sowr this is way cool! What a great contribution to the platform, anyone searching for L322 roof rack options could stumble upon this thread and be better informed because of it.

Discotech, don't be a silly troll. Just because you don't understand or personally benefit from a specific post doesn't mean it isn't useful to others. Keep your negativity to yourself ;)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Nice job, very clean mount. With rack further back, it probably doesn't make any noise.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice job, very clean mount. With rack further back, it probably doesn't make any noise.
Thanks! Very true - no noise at all. Plus I can still enjoy the open sun roof.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
My sunroof still opens with the Explorer rack but it does make some noise past 70 mph. I could take it off when not in use but I find that the times I use it are not always predictable. Its helps justify having a RR when I could use a pickup truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 267220
Hey SOWR - would you be willing to share your file so that I could mill a set of these up for my L322?

Thank you.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey SOWR - would you be willing to share your file so that I could mill a set of these up for my L322?

Thank you.
PDF attached.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts