RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi wondered if anyone could help. My front washers don’t work when I push the control stick. The headlamps get washed and the wipers come as as if they have sprayed the windscreen but no fluid.

If I hold the button in for the read window same with happens but the rear window and the headlamps get screen wash.

If I hold the stick towards me then the washer sprays front back and lights but the wipers don’t score on automatically then.

Hope this makes sense. Any help greatly appreciated. Just bought the car it’s a 2011 Range Rover sport 3.0 hse

Thank you

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
Do you use detergent in the washer fluid? Sometimes the detergent can dry inside the washer jets and cause them to block fully or partially.
I’ve got the same thing happening in mine at the moment (I’m using RainEx washer fluid. Never again.)
Grab a sewing pin and insert it into the washer jet holes. Gently, of course. That should free them up.
If that doesn’t work, remove the jet from the underside of the bonnet and give them a soak and rinse.
You’ll have to get in under the sound deadener under the bonnet by removing one of the black trim plugs.
If you have the Cold Climate pack you will have heated jets. So you’ll have to disconnect the wires when you remove the jets.

Speaking of which...your jets aren’t just frozen, are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the jets work if I pull the lever towards me. They squirt but then the wipers have to be manually selected.
They should work with the button at the end of the stick. But they don’t could it be a fuse ?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
Sounds weird Lorna.
In my 2010 L320 RRS TDV8 Autobiography, the button on the end of the control stick only operates the front windscreen and headlamp washers. If the wipers are already going, pushing the button operates the front washer jets. If the wipers are not going, pushing the button operates the front washer jets and activates the wiper blades.
Puling the control stick towards me 1 click activates the rear window wiper to operates with the front wipers. Pulling the control stick further towards me activates the rear washer jet.
The rear washer jet operates independently from the front and controlled through different means.
I’m in Australia. That may or may not make a difference.

Edit: I doubt it’s a fuse if all wipers and jets work otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it’s just weird. I’ll manage with it just thought it wasn’t right. Thank you for replying

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok got it sorted. They were wired up wrong had the wrong washer pipe into the wrong motor. £30 all sorted. Well worth it. Least that solves the problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts