RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info. Fixed my front windows issue as well. I found the three damaged wires closer to the rear of the front door opening. The three wires were gray and black wrapped with blue tape. Best to take the plastic panel off the base of the front seat for easier replacement of wire harness cover. You can get the get the wire harness cover off without removing this panel but getting it back in with the seat panel on is a different story. Also remove the plastic covers in the passenger foot well by the fuse box and the one on the pillar separating the front and rear door. Thanks again. Great post

·
Registered
13 Posts
How does that cover come off under the sill trim? Have a 200 mile drive in a winter weather advisory tomorrow and would love to take the plastic off the driver side window:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay - this thread saved me a 5 hour drive up I70 in the worst snowstorm. The wires I spliced were black/grey, and had that same oxidized funk as one of the other pics. As for getting that cover off, it has 2 trim clips that just pop up, then you slide the whole thing towards you from under the carpet, then flex it back towards the rear (didn't take it completely out). It was a little daunting to see about 200 wires in that harness, but once I looked towards the bottom - there it was (makes sense, sitting in water).

Thanks all!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2006 RRS HSE has had the same issue, I thought it might be corroded wires, so, I dove in under the passenger door sill, and was able to pry out the plastic plate that covers the loom.

I had to cut some of the black tape wrapping the loom, but I only found one taped connector. 3 purple wires. The tape connection was solid, so I wiggled it around and voila the passenger window works beautifully.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the connected wires that set the driver window. They should be in this same loom, yes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have gobbled or obsolete due to the sunroof drain hose was leaking water.
I change the drain hose prevent leakage.

Sorry for the translation from Google :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yet another satisfied customer after taking ASETUNC advice. Now i only have one last problem. The pond of water i discover under my floor mat. How do we unclog the drain to fix this? What drain is this? Where does the water come from?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
There are 4 drains for the sunroof/one at each corner. There are many existing threads with various methods for clearing them. I for one prefer the network cable method as there is little to no chance of puncture damage to the drain sections.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have pics, video or instructions on how to remove the plastic cover to get to the wires? I cannot get that off for life of me. Thx in advanced!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Does anyone have pics, video or instructions on how to remove the plastic cover to get to the wires? I cannot get that off for life of me. Thx in advanced!
you can use a firm plastic putty knife or a butter knife and gently pry up along several sections of the plastic cover...it will pop up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys,

Thanks for all of the suggestions and pointers here. I'm convinced this is my issue, and I've been inside the wire harness on the passenger side several times now, but I've nott been able to locate the 3 slate/black wires, or any cables connected and taped. I do see several connections with heat shrink, but those are along the cable, and all seem to be very solid and in good shape. I've searched through the wire harness starting as close to the front as possible, working bmy way back. Again, I thought if i could at least find one of the slate/black wires, it would be able to track it to the other two. I have a 2007 RRS HSE, is there a chance they changed the cable color coding from 2006 to 2007? Any tips on locating that connection? It appears that many have had a similar challenge, and it can take some significant time.

On the wire harness itself, access is severely restricted. Near the front of the car, the harness goes under/into a black plastic cover, near the thicker ground connections with blue tape, shown in the pics above.
From the, I was able to remove the electrical tape wrap toward the center of the front seat. Specifically, where several cables from the harness go underneath the passenger seat. I assume the connection is expected to be between these two points. One of the pics suggests they actually come front the front, is that correct?

Looking for any insight, as I'm certain this is my issue, but have so far been unable to locate these specific wires.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's a different view and a crappy pic (parking lot/road trip repair). I don't remember specifically, but it looks like my 3 wires were doubled back on each other, so maybe looking for that scenario might help. Keep at it.
20140209_093051 (1).jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
What I wrote, but don't remember, was that the plastic cover slides out towards you if you're kneeling outside the vehicle. Hope that helps. Brute strength and ignorance have always worked well for me :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, I have a US Spec LHD. Would the problematic wiring be on the drivers side ? (My symptoms are the all windows work apart from Drivers Side (Left) front.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts