RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I’m a new comer here. Looking for help and instructions to remove and reinstall both right and left side front window regulators and motors in my daughters 2002 Range Rover P38A. Any help and instruction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
Full directions with photos are in the factory shop manual RAVE. See the FAQ stickie for down load links.

There are also existing threads in this section.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's actually pretty easy. Be careful not to damage the weather barrier (if not already attacked and damaged. The most difficult thing is getting to the "P" clips on the rollers. Drilling the pop rivets to release the sub-frame of the winder isn't too bad and make sure you use the appropriate size/length replacement pop rivets to replace it. As ever, take photos to remember where everything goes and what sequence - specifically the door wiring and in which position it is - don't trap it BEHIND the sub-frame, for example.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
Most people replace the rivets with screw/nut sets. Using nylocks eliminate any fear of them coming loose.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I only had threadlocker for my screw set but I will snug them up sometime. No need to remove the glass just tape it up(do not let it fall).
Easy job, and if you buy a nice used one ask for the blue clips to come with so you have extras in case one cracks. They are usually ok.
Long needle nose for the clips and Napa 7651346 Sil Glide for lubing.
Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG
Have a good one.

[h=1][/h]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts