RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My car's front window glass struggles to come up & seems some tightness. When this happens the glass goes down automatically with a beep. When it manages to close there is a slant at the edge.

You advise sought to get it corrected.

thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,071 Posts
The rivets holding the regulator to the door have come loose or even sheared off completely. Take the door panel off, twist the regulator back into position and re-rivet it back in place (or use bolts and Nylock nuts).

·
Administrator
27,800 Posts
yea, screws and locking nuts are the way to go. While you are in there, make sure to lubricate nylon rollers. I use aerosol white lithium grease.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Know what the bolt size is? That'll help so that I can buy them before going into the door internals.

·
Super Moderator
2,071 Posts
I think the original rivets were 5.5mm diameter so I usually drill the holes out to 6mm and use M6 bolts (mainly because I've got a big box of stainless M6 bolts and nylock nuts).

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
Before taking off the door card, lubricate the window guides. Something with PTFE work well. If you're lucky, the glass is just binding in the guides, preventing if from reaching fully closed.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered PTFE oil from bay e. Will try that n see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just went through this EXACT problem about 2-3 months ago. Tried putting lithium grease on the felt sliders. worked for a few days then problem came back. Talked to my local inide. He suggested I replace the 2 blue plastic things that connect the glass to the rails/regulator. He ordered them then when I was replacing the 2 on the regulator, I noticed there was a third blue plastic thingy that was vertically oriented instead of horizontally like the first 2. Figured I'd try the 2 horizontal ones first. They made it slightly better but the problem soon returned. Ordered the third one and replaced it. Problem solved. Knock on wood. Good luck

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will follow the oiling the sliders first, since I ordered the PTFE oil. Failing that, will order those blue plastic things. Do you have a picture & the part NO?

Thanks.

Got the part no - ALR1051

1 - 9 of 9 Posts