RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Firstly just like to say hi, new to the forum and this is my first post.

Little problem with the rangie.......

Went out to it the other morning and it had developed a few faults! First was fuse 9 failed, so I changed the fuse and it has blown again not sure if it went straight away or sometime after? Next thing I noticed once I set off was the front windows did not go down? press the down button and nothing, press the up button and it says window not set??
The third fault, central locking on the passenger side door does not lock when it's supposed to?? If your inside and press it down/up then the rear doors lock/unlock with it?? but it doesn't work with the other front door??

Is it really bad luck that these has developed a fault at the same time or are they linked some how????????

any help/advice appriciated

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

To be able to troubleshoot the car you need to download he RAVE CD see FAQ on how to do this.

In the ETM (electric troubleshooting manual) at page 228 (1995 edition) you will see that fuse 9 supplies power to the left front door outstation and this in connects through to the window motor. This so called outstation is an ECU that is mounted in the door and operated the windows, mirror functions and locking (see page293) and maybe other things that I am not aware of at the moment but further study of the ETM can explain everything that this black box does. It seems there is a short somewhere in the outstation or the wiring which causes the fuse to blow and as a result no power to the outstation and the window and mirror operation as well as the central locking.

You might want to get a replacement outstation from a breaker and exchange the unit and check the wiring for burned connectors and or shorts.

Good luck

Jos

1 - 2 of 2 Posts