Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...I want to do some wheeling next weekend, but I'm a little concerned about not having a front tow point thicker than a clothes hanger. I've searched, and found a couple write ups of custom fab jobs, but I'm not anywhere near a welder. Has anyone just bolted up a couple tow hooks to the frame and called it a day? I have the factory brush guard, but I know better than to hook up a strap to it. What to do, what to do.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,488 Posts
The idea solution (takes some thought on where to place them) is to install a couple of Jate Rings...you can find them on the web, and then have them drilled into the frame.

Seen it on a couple of older LR's...

·
Registered
104 Posts
kmagnuss

Sorry man, but if you want to go off road with a P38 you will need to make a couple of proper recovery points. I spent months searching on the web but could not find any which fitted the P38. In the end I designed and built my own. The design is on the main web page. Belive me they work off road, in deep **** too, I have used them heaps and the ones I designed are safe and reliable.

The choice is yours

Ian

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,322 Posts
There are no bolt on front recovery points available for the P38, at least none that would be safe to use. The best option are listed on the front page and do require some welding to at least assemble. Then they can be bolted on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts