RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only issue I have after 3200 miles of happy ownership, is the persistent front end clunking over moderate potholes at 35-50mph around town. I know a lot has been posted, with various degrees of success from owners but I did notice another symptom I wanted to share. My road has speed fences and I've discovered a noticeable clunking when turning wheel to get around the speed fences. Picture a slow slalom course between 15-20mph and every time I turn the wheel the opposite lock and the load shifts as the car first moves the opposite direction there is a very distinct clunking sound. It's same whether turning right or left and feels like it is coming from the steering arm mechanism or maybe a bushing in the front-end associated with the steering rack??? I tried a ride with local service tech to show him the clunking over bumps and of course he couldn't hear that. Now that I have another very distinct and easier to replicate noise, which I'd bet a lot of money is related to the same problem, I'm hoping they can target the problem and resolve the noise. I really enjoy the vehicle on th road, as the power, especially on the highway, is really sweet, but I need to get thsi fixed to have full confidence I'm not headed towards more wear and tear in the front-end down the road. Mine is a 2010 RRS supercharged. Anyone hearing this noise while turning that I described, or any other 2010 supercharged owners with dynamic suspension get a dealr to find the source of the clunking? Thanks again for the help on this forum

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow. I'm really surprised nobody has any additional feedback for us 2010 RRSS owners with the dreaded clunking front suspension noises. I added the noise while turning thinking maybe someone else might chime in. 54 views and no feedback? I'll report back after I get a chance to take her to the dealer.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
moodyblue said:
wow. I'm really surprised nobody has any additional feedback for us 2010 RRSS owners with the dreaded clunking front suspension noises. I added the noise while turning thinking maybe someone else might chime in. 54 views and no feedback? I'll report back after I get a chance to take her to the dealer.
Hey Moodyblue! this subject has been extensively covered on this forum, do a search and you'll be rewarded. Typically the issue refers to MY06-08, has to do with sway bar bushings wearing out prematurely, or active suspension something or other.
I thought it had been addressed on MY2010 but maybe not on early builds. Your dealer should be able to help you, I'm bummed that it seems to still be an issue on MY2010 :(

Here's link to get you started search.php?fid[]=5

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 rrss autobiography and also have the clunking noise in the front end. After my rr being in the shop for a full month because of land rover's inability to get a part, I got my rr back & it still has the clunking. The technician said it was the sway bar or something like that. I need to take it back to the dealer now for a list of problem, many of which were already supposed to be addressed. I surely did not expect so many problems form a $90k dollar luxury sport utility. If you figure out the solution to the clunking noise I would love to hear it. The technicians at the dealership don't appear to be much help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the same issue on my MY06. I still have warranty so I took it in. The dealer and I have had a few "issues" so they even brought the tech out to tell me they couldn't hear anything out of the norm. The told me the noise was the steering damper that's on the SC version. It seems to be getting a little louder do I'm going to take it to an independent and have it checked. I'm thinking it's the bushings cause it's only doing it on sharp turns when the swaybar is working the most. Finding an independent in NC is tougher then you might think though. If I find something out I'll post it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts