RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fixing the power seat switches and getting them working again, I noticed the seat bolts at the back of the tracks for my front seats are missing. I have one bolt at the front of each track, but the rear is loose and I can tilt the whole seat forward if I loosen the front bolts. Does anyone have a picture of what the rear bolts look like installed so I can make sure I replace all of the missing parts? I assume it is just a single bolt at the back of each track, but there isn't much space to assess what was originally there.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the photos. I pulled one of the seats out this weekend to get a better look at it. The pedestal it mounts to has two vertical bolt holes like in your picture, but the tracks don't have bolt holes on the top to match. Instead the tracks have an angled part at the back that follows the contour of the pedestal and has a hole for a horizontal bolt. Possibly they were replaced with parts from a different year or model.

To secure them I drilled and tapped matching holes in the pedestal and added a nut on the back for the one I could reach.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts